True Facts about Nature

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
My hero, bald, round-headed Manc twonk Karl Pilkington - Karl Pilkington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - is a bit of an expert on wildlife.

Karl Pilkington 3 minute wonder - Science - YouTube

Here is he on one of his, Ricky Gervais's and Stephen Merchant's record-breaking podcasts in which the three had a series of pointless, but funny, conversations which were later turned into the Ricky Gervais Show. In this episode Karl tells us what his ultimate animal is:

Karl Pilkington Ultimate Animal - YouTube

Another wildlife-related gem from Pilko on The Ricky Gervais Show, this one on his favourite noise:

Karl Pilkington - Karls Favourite Noise - YouTube

Another clip from the Ricky Gervais Show, this time with Karl discussing dolphins with guns:

Karl Pilkington and Dolphins with Rifles - YouTube

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I hate nature now.

I'm sitting here in agony after just being stung by wasps five times. Me and my mum were just out taking the dog for a walk and we found loads of blackberries. There are loads of them near where we live. We were picking them and putting them in a little bag to take back to her place and make blackberry pie. I was knelt down picking some blackberries at ground level when all of a sudden I heard an angry buzzing noise. I looked down at where I was kneeling and saw hundreds of wasps circling about.

Before I had time to tell my mum that we have stumbled across a wasps' nest and that we should get the hell out of there I felt a sting on my left index finger and then, a split second later, on on my right index finger. I then ran off screaming and jumping up and down and my mum, still standing in the wasps' nest, was asking me what was wrong.

She then saw all the wasps whilst I jumping up and down in pain and she started panicking. I then felt another sting on my right knee. Then I saw wasps crawling all up my mum's trouser legs. She was screaming in panic and I thought, even though it may not be wise, to kick the wasps off her,.

I shouted "STAY STILL!" and I gently kicked her legs, crushing some of the wasps and making others fly off. I expected them to attack me but they didn't. I then said "RUN. JUST RUN!" and when we were about to run she screamed and said she got stung on her finger. And then we ran away a little bit.

But she dropped the dog's lead when covered in wasps so I said I will go back and fetch it. I said "Don't worry. I'll be okay." But I only walked about ten feet back towards the wasps' nest when I felt another wasp sting me on my left leg right near my groin. So I turned and ran back to where my mum was. In the end it was her who went back and got the lead and she wasn't stung.

So here I am sitting in agony with five wasp stings. Little bastards. I had an asthma attack yesterday and was stung by wasps today. I can't wait till tomorrow.

Last edited: