Bats struck by wind turbine blades

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wonder how many deer/moose/elk/caribou/rodents/cats/dogs are killed because they are attracted to vehicle noise on the highway.
They like the salt. CPR has a grain/potash vaccum unit to help keep game from eating grain or salts spilled on the tracks.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
They like the salt. CPR has a grain/potash vaccum unit to help keep game from eating grain or salts spilled on the tracks.
lol I know. They also like crossing the roads to get to the other side sometimes. Or, in cases like our two border collies, they like chasing vehicles. (Not so much anymore for ours because they know they get into deep shyte when they do). Critters also get sucked into the turbine engines of aircraft.
Bopping along a forestry access road one time and a mother griz bloody near freight-trained into the passenger side of my truck. She was moving fast. I suspect that one of her kids was in trouble on the other side of the road.
Lots of reasons why critters end up dead beside the roads.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
These don't work.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I gotta start reading better. First glance I thought it said "Boats". That I would care about.

You should care about bats, as they are responsible for helping to keep the mosquito population lower! Less bats means more mosquitoes!