Waterloo or Burlington???

KovalKK

Hi guys!
I'm new to write on this forum, but have read the major part of it.
And, as usual, there is a vital question that I invite you to answer with me.

The end of the year (December) I plan to reside in Canada as an immigrant.
My initial plan was to settle down in Waterloo, ON, as the head office of the company I've been successfully working for 5,5 years in Ukraine is located there. But... they don't want me. However, I've been "websurfing" the K-W region news for 2 years and decided to go there anyway.

A week ago I've discovered Burlington, ON and ... it seemed to me more reasonable first-choice for an immigrant.

Question: What is more reasonable to choose for an immigrant with wife and 5 year son, who is an area business manager in HVAC and energy efficiency and who has a strong goal to continue working as a "green" sales manager (even if it takes time to learn again). Waterloo or Burlington?

Thank you in advance for you consideration.

Bcool
Quote: Originally Posted by KovalKKView Post

Hi guys!
I'm new to write on this forum, but have read the major part of it.
And, as usual, there is a vital question that I invite you to answer with me.

The end of the year (December) I plan to reside in Canada as an immigrant.
My initial plan was to settle down in Waterloo, ON, as the head office of the company I've been successfully working for 5,5 years in Ukraine is located there. But... they don't want me. However, I've been "websurfing" the K-W region news for 2 years and decided to go there anyway.

A week ago I've discovered Burlington, ON and ... it seemed to me more reasonable first-choice for an immigrant.

Question: What is more reasonable to choose for an immigrant with wife and 5 year son, who is an area business manager in HVAC and energy efficiency and who has a strong goal to continue working as a "green" sales manager (even if it takes time to learn again). Waterloo or Burlington?

Thank you in advance for you consideration.

Hi!
You probably haven't been getting the responses you hoped for because you didn't pop your post in the 'Introductions' forum in Club CC, lots of friendly helpful people will say hi there. You could go to the Troubleshooting desk and ask if a nice friendly Moderator will cancel your thread and move your post to the Introductions forum if you like. Just scroll down the main page to the various forum 'homes' and you'll find them.

ITMT, you'll find a wealth of info on both places on Wikipedia which will be of interest to you I think: Burlington, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view) and Waterloo, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

Good luck and welcome to CC!

KovalKK
Thank you for an advice.
I've read lot's of info about these two regions (not only on Wikipedia) - have lot's of links too.
Just wanted to know the insiders' opinions

...Already posted in Introductions
Thank you for your time.