What is the fastest way to reach Canada as an immigrant?

nettoffee

Nov 2, 2006
Cakgary, AB
Hi there my brother in law is a 28 yrs old Iraqi and has a Bachelor degree in agriculture/animal production. We call him Bob. He is living in Baghdad, the most dangerous capital in the world. He comes from a mixed family, a Shiite father and a Sunnie mother. (there is a cold civil war between Sheetes and Sunnies in Iraq now and daily tens are assassinated).

His father is a doctor and his mother is too. His family is secularism or laicism, that think is very dangerous in Iraq nowadays, because Sunnies insurgence will kill him because his father is Shiite, and Shiite militia will kill him because his mother is Sunnie. He worked for a while with a foreign company in Baghdad. The company he worked for, was attacked by unknown armed men, he was lucky because he wasn’t in the building during the attack.

If he applies to a regular application process for a permanent residence visa, it will take time and might not live to reach Canada. For example my friend applied in 1999 and received his file number in 2000 and only in 2006 he take the visa and reached Canada. Me my self I filed the Application in Aug2005 and received the file number in Jan2006 and I hop I reach Calgary in 2010.

I am asking if there is a faster way especially that my brother in law Bob can bring with him a good sum of money because his family is planning to sell a house in Iraq for $250,000.- CAD and he is ready to take this sum with him. Some body told me that he must try to be a province nominee for low population provinces that eager to investors. Can any one please help him?

:angel8: Thank you for the time you spent on reading this:read2:
:wave:

Last edited:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hi there my brother in law is a 28 yrs old Iraqi and has a Bachelor degree in agriculture/animal production. We call him Bob. He is living in Baghdad, the most dangerous capital in the world. He comes from a mixed family, a Sheete father and a Sunnie mother. (there is a cold civil war between Sheetes and Sunnies in Iraq now and daily tens are assassinated).

His father is a doctor and his mother is too. His family is secularism or laicism, that think is very dangerous in Iraq nowadays, because Sunnies insurgence will kill him because his father is Sheete, and Sheete militia will kill him because his mother is Sunnie. And he worked for a while with a foreign company in Baghdad. The company he worked for, was attacked by unknown armed men, he was lucky because he wasn’t in the attacked building.

If he applies to a regular application process for a permanent residence visa, it will take time and might not live to reach Canada. For example my friend applied in 1999 and received his file number in 2000 and only in 2006 he take the visa and reached Canada. Me my self I filed the Application in Aug2005 and received the file number in Jan2006 and I hop I reach Calgary in 2010.

I am asking if there is a faster way especially that my brother in law Bob can bring with him a good sum of money because his family is planning to sell a house in Iraq for $250,000.- CAD and he is ready to take this sum with him. Some body told me that he must try to be a province nominee for low population provinces that eager to investors. Can any one please help him?

:angel8: Thank you for the time you spent on reading this:read2:

:wave:

I did a little searching and it seems that in order to be a province nominee, you must have a skill that the province has identified as an area where there is a shortage of local skilled workers. Each province has it's own criteria. Alberta is cattle country, but there isn't usually a shortage of people that ranch. Saskatchewan is wheat country and I don't know if there is a shortage of farm workers. The bottom line is that you have to have a job offer. About 20 years ago, I know that families immigrated under some rule that allowed for investment as a criteria to immigrate (check Ontario) but I don't know if that has changed.
http://www.alberta-canada.com/pnp/faqNominees.cfm

Alberta has a huge shortage of people in the building and construction trades. BC also has shortages. In fact, both provinces have a shortage in skilled trade workers and are looking to bring people from Eastern Europe.

Why not apply as a graduate student to one of the Universities and work into the population that way ... get married or something like that. If one person marries a Canadian, the whole family can be sponsored into the country. I don't mean to sound crass, but if you have a beautiful sister, she should come to Canada to study at one of the Universities and see where her life takes her. It wouldn't be the first time that a beautiful daughter married a Canadian citizen to give her family the opportunity to immigrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

nettoffee

Nov 2, 2006
Cakgary, AB
Hazard

Please Ariadne remove the name from your replay wich I thank you very much on it he might be in danger because this is his real name as fast as you can :clock:

Last edited:

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Honestly no matter what route he goes, he'll still probably have to wait to get approved and then get the visa. An example is a study visa it can take up to a year to get the visa itself and that's applying from the US it can be alot longer for other countries.

I only really know the requirements for Ontario since i'm going to be going to school there, but i've read up on all of the work, immigrate, visit, study ect. visas.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
@ Ariadne, hey its Canada..

The brother could come to Canada and marry some nice young man. How bad do they all want out?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
NS has a program which will fast track immigration for skilled workers. The caveat is your brother would need to have a full time job offer. My school is an agricultural school, the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. I could check out the job offerings and let you know. We may also have programs designed for this purpose, I can get back to you on that too. What is your brother's major in?

Here's the link for the Province's program.
http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com/en-page1078.aspx

ProjectH

May 14, 2013
Thank you all again.thank you:
Ariadne
Riyko
Zarchov
Tonington

Hello nettoffee, glad your brother-in-law could make it to Canada eventually. But you didn't tell us how he'd done it in less than 1 year. I'm from Syria trying to get to Canada and we're having in the country pretty much a similar situation to what you had described. Any tips?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hello nettoffee, glad your brother-in-law could make it to Canada eventually. But you didn't tell us how he'd done it in less than 1 year. I'm from Syria trying to get to Canada and we're having in the country pretty much a similar situation to what you had described. Any tips?

This thread is over five years old. I wouldn't suggest waiting on an answer from him.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
..................Why do we do this ??8O

Let's go back say, as far as the building of the Titanic, and post a thread saying we don't think that boat is safe.............:roll:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
..................Why do we do this ??8O

Let's go back say, as far as the building of the Titanic, and post a thread saying we don't think that boat is safe.............:roll:

You know that someone will just come along and ask where they can buy tickets for the voyage don't you?

Lol.

ProjectH

May 14, 2013
lol
Hey I just figured he'll get it on his email and probably want to reply back. Better late than never, right? even for buying a ticket for the Titanic voyage.
Oh and if anyone happense to know if the Titanic is passing by Syria, please let me know, I'll take my chances with that :p

Bella12

Sep 10, 2013
lol
Hey I just figured he'll get it on his email and probably want to reply back. Better late than never, right? even for buying a ticket for the Titanic voyage.
Oh and if anyone happense to know if the Titanic is passing by Syria, please let me know, I'll take my chances with that :p
Did the titanic pass by Syria or not yet? i have been doing my research on this whole immigrating to canada thing..it takes forever..WHat have you tried doing so far?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
lol

Oh I think I would have liked being too late to purchase a ticket on the Titanic

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Original Post was made Feb 18th, 2007, I hope he made it already.. :roll:

ProjectH

May 14, 2013
No i was actually sending this to ProjectH that posted this like months back ;)

Hey Bella12, no the titanic never came. The Canadian embassy along with every other embassy has closed in Syria because of the war. Also the airports are all suspended now. And the money is going down, so I think I'm quite stuck here in Syria for the time being until further notice, unfortunately.

What I know is either you have to pay for the immigration papers and wait about a year or so to pass. Or you need miracle for someone or some party to pull you from Canada out of your country, which is unlikely.
I've been trying a lot with the second option, I've sent hundreds of resumes. No use so far. And the first option I can't afford at the moment.

If you know something I don't please share.
Anyway, better luck with you hopefully.

Peace.