Hello, I'm new, be gentle with me please.

enfys

Aug 3, 2006
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hello. I hope I have this in the right place, if not, sorry.

At present I live in South Wales (UK) next month we emigrate to Cambridge, Ontario. Well, my husband does, I am here until this house sells, at this rate I can see me living in a bare house, sleeping on the floor and cooking over a candle if the furniture goes before me!

Anyone here from that sort of area?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
enfys said:
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hello. I hope I have this in the right place, if not, sorry.

At present I live in South Wales (UK) next month we emigrate to Cambridge, Ontario. Well, my husband does, I am here until this house sells, at this rate I can see me living in a bare house, sleeping on the floor and cooking over a candle if the furniture goes before me!

Sorry, I'm not from Cambridge, Ontario.

Welcome to Canadian Content! :D

VoteForGraeme

Aug 3, 2006
enfys said:

Hey!

Actually I live in Kitchener (essentially the same city)

I have a friend going to whales for school.

enfys

Aug 3, 2006
Hello all,
Why is Ontario underlined?
I see now that I should have gone to introductions whoops.
Kitchener? Out comes the very dog eared atlas again, ah, there you are, I see.
We are looking for properties a bit further out than Cambridge as I have to have land for the pony that is coming with us. Yes, I know, Canada is full of horses, but the child wanted THIS one!
We have whales in Wales, and, apparently, turtles.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Welcome to CanCon.net!

Hey, enfys! Welcome to Canadian Content.

If you should ever need assistance, I would be happy to try, or you can contact one of the forum's Administrators or Moderators—I am sure that they would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I hope that you enjoy your time here—it's an interesting forum, with wide-ranging opinions (some of them fringe-ranging opinions too, haha).

In relation to the auto-linking feature (why your Ontario link was underlined), some keywords (such as the names of some Provinces of Canada, some countries, and et cetera) are linked to an appropriate location somewhere on the CanCon Web site (there's a lot more to this site than just the forum!). This feature can't be prevented, unless you break the string with empty code.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I've been to England, and South Wales. Couldn't understand the road signs. Britain is a wonderful place. Lots of history. I love the old buildings and churches.

enfys

Aug 3, 2006
Gonzo said:
I've been to England, and South Wales. Couldn't understand the road signs. Britain is a wonderful place. Lots of history. I love the old buildings and churches.

I'm English, lived here in Wales for 9 years and I STILL can't understand the signs! It's a good job they are in English too. My daughter speaks fluent Welsh, I get her to translate for me. It's a great little country, I shall be sorry to leave.
Britain is a wonderful place, but I've been here for quite a while,and lived in a few places, time for a change befopre we are too old to be let in to Canada. Did you know that the area of Wales is 20779km 2? It is smaller than some of your Lakes! Or that Ontario is seven times larger than ALL of Britain?