Poor Shanghai girl

shanghaimm

Jul 28, 2005
She failed immigration test to go to Canada. The poor girl has to work as a model in New York now. Injustice! Thy name is Canada.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hairball

Jul 25, 2005
Vancouver
nice spam with overpriced stuff. a shopping trip to Suzhou those quality silk blouses cost only 1/10 around Cdn$15-$22.
more immigrants are now coming through the Maritimes, Quebec and promptly end up in BC. :wink:

shanghaimm

Jul 28, 2005
peapod said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dam! that was a good one!

Dam? As in :lol:

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.

Says one fish to the other, "Dam."

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

There was a boy standing on a corner selling fish.
He was saying, "Dam fish for sale, dam fish for sale."

A preacher walked up and asked why he was calling them dam fish.

The kid said, "I caught them at the dam, so they're dam fish."

The preacher bought some, took them home and asked his wife to cook the dam fish.

His wife looked at him in bewilderment and said, "Preachers aren't supposed to talk like that."

The preacher explained why they were dam fish, and she agreed to cook them. When dinner was ready and everyone was sitting down, the preacher asked his son to pass him the dam fish.

His son replied, "That's the spirit dad. Pass the fecking potatoes!"

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
:lol:

The Pope is on holiday in London. He's walking around, in his shades, taking inthe sights, and begins to feel a little peckish. So he steps into a nearby pub, and orders a steak. "And make it rare," His Holiness demands.

Right you are," says the barman, and then shouts into the kitchen "One bloody steak!"

"Hey! Hey! Do you know who I am? I'm the Pope. You can't swear like that in front of me!"

The barman apologises, and explains the misunderstanding. All is cool with the Pope, who then settles down and enjoys his lovely bloody steak.

A few months later, and the Pope returns to London, this time on an official visit, with all his attendant bishops and cardinals in tow. Pretty soon they're all feeling incredibly hungry, so the Pope says; "I know a nice little pub around the corner, we'll go there." They get to the pub and, on entering, the Pope says "16 bloody steaks please, my good man," and one of the bishops shouts out from the back; "Yeah ... and loads of fu ckin' chips!"

hairball

Jul 25, 2005
Vancouver
Having read several of your posts, your humour is amusing. And having been to Shanghai twice, I believe that there are more pretty girls in Shanghai Zhejiang than those big-bone-fat-tall type from the north. Just not sure, if sexist jokes about those chinadolls in this section “Coming to Canada” sit well with everyone. It didn’t with me. Here in Vancouver, there must be thousands of single or divorced female immigrants in their 30s as long as they have C$10k amongst other brownie points.

It will be nice to see more male immigrants from Shanghai as they are known to bring home the bread & butter, do the household chores and tend to the babies. At least they don’t have the reputation as homebreakers as their female compatriots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendi_Deng

shanghaimm

Jul 28, 2005
Hi Hairball,

I am quite baffled by your post.

At first I thought that you are Wendi Deng. Then I realized you were trying to make a point about home breakers.

Still I do not really catch your point about “thousands of single or divorced females immigrants in their 30s as long as they have C$10k amongst other brownie points.”

If some jokes do not sit well with you, that is ok. This is a forum and people do disagree. Even in a communist country like China, people take opposite positions in forum all the time. Why should it not be true in democratic Canada?

About Shanghai men, I have no quarrel with you. They are the best in the world! Lily (another Shanghai girl) and I moderate a forum called “Sleepless in Shanghai”. Many of the articles there are in praise of Shanghai men. Lily’s first article (our Shanghai men) there is a classic and is wildly popular. A Canadian friend who visited Shanghai was shocked that such men exist.

What are we to make of the article about Deng? Is it an indictment of men who think with their dicks instead of their heads? She is from Guangzhou, we are therefore to treat Cantonese women as sluts?

BTW, is Deng any different from Suzy Wetlaufer, the ex-editor of the Harvard Business Review. Suzy married Jack Welch, a man many years her senior. Jack Welch is the former CEO of General Electric. Throughout the ages, many women have been attracted to rich and powerful men. Just ask Monica.

hairball

Jul 25, 2005
Vancouver
Thanks for confirming that I have as much right as you to post my views here.
My apologies for being blunt, but your joke borders on "sexual degradation” and inappropriate in this section.

shanghaimm

Jul 28, 2005
hairball said:
Thanks for confirming that I have as much right as you to post my views here.
My apologies for being blunt, but your joke borders on "sexual degradation” and inappropriate in this section.

I never questioned your right to post. You, on the hand, complained about "jokes not sitting well with you", the underlying implication being that I should not have posted.

Do not aplogize for being blunt; you are not blunt enough. I submit to you sir/madam : I have no clue what you are talking about. You seem to be talking in riddles.

peopod wrote "Dam! that was a good one!" . I responded with "Two fish swim into a concrete wall.Says one fish to the other, "Dam." ". How does my joke "borders on sexual degradation"? The gender of the fishes were unspecified. I am still not clear if I have offended males or females.

Are you some kind of self-appointed morality police in Canadiancontent.net? I know of such such practice in Saudi Arabia. The last time I checked, Vancouver was pretty liberal.

Please just specify and explain which part of my posts you find so objectional? Please do not be vague and talk about unrelated stuff like Wendi.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
shanghaimm said:
She failed immigration test to go to Canada. The poor girl has to work as a model in New York now. Injustice! Thy name is Canada.

she seems to be doing fine for herself despite the fact, people go through worse...sorry if this offends you, but I really don't feel that it matters that much, as there would have to be good reason for her not to earn her immigration papers

hairball

Jul 25, 2005
Vancouver
…. .. entrepeneur...as in Pimp?

Ending up as models in NY

EDIT: LInk removed due to its offensive and insensitive portrayal of immigrants.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
We gots no canadian content police, especially ones that tell us what where we can find our humor. The conversations around here go like they do in the real world, bits of this and that. This whole thread was a joke, and if you cannot see that...tough merde :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
and no! I am not fighting with myself either, although it might appear that way ^^^^^ up there. I deleted bulmer's racist post and posted in the moderator fourm...that way there can be no argument as to what sort of crap it was.....so again...I am not talking to myself. Blah!

shanghaimm

Jul 28, 2005
peapod said:
and no! I am not fighting with myself either, although it might appear that way ^^^^^ up there. I deleted bulmer's racist post and posted in the moderator fourm...that way there can be no argument as to what sort of crap it was.....so again...I am not talking to myself. Blah!

Thank you peapod. It is good that you have a zero tolerance policy towards racism. It has restored my faith in Canadians. However, is it OK to make fun of fat women? My not-thin Northern Chinese colleague finds haiball's remark about those "those big-bone-fat-tall type from the north" hurtful.

You correctly recognized the thread I started as a joke. Shanghai Tang is an upscale boutique in New York owned by a very rich Hong Kong capitalist. I have no idea who that girl is. She is probably an American Chinese super model pulling in over a million US dollars a year.

I have the impression that Canadians support the underdog, that it is ok to make fun of the rich, powerful and beautiful. Many Canadians (and Chinese in China too) applaud when a minister called Bush a moron. However, my Chinese Canadian friend finds hairball's boat people photo highly insensitive. Her family escaped from Vietnam. She feels that the photo is an insult to Chinese Canadians. It shows a total lack of compassion to make fun of the weak and poor in an immigration forum.

I have no opinion. Hairball can post what he/she likes.

I have no clue what he/she is saying anyway.

Perhaps, if he writes in Chinglish, I might be able to understand.

:lol: