question about aboriginal people in the forest


hash21
#1
greetings,

lets assume that i want to live in the boreal forest in canada.
i have read somewhere that there are aboriginal people living there.
my question is: are they spread out in the entire forest or are there places without any people at all?
if i wish to live in a remote place without people in a wide area, is canada for me or should i look somewhere else? (russia or sibiria might be an alternative)

i appreciate any answers
 
bill barilko
+1
#2


Click This Link for details you're not the first person with this idea
 
Danbones
#3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless (external - login to view)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film (external - login to view))
How Chris McCandless Died - The New Yorker (external - login to view)
 
PoliticalNick
#4
This dude spent 30 years alone in the Alaskan wilderness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke (external - login to view)

You better have some big time survival skills and be well prepared if you want to try
 
Danbones
+2
#5  Top Rated Post
don't plan for what will go right
plan for what will not
 
bill barilko
#6
 
Danbones
#7
I like the way the geologist ducked the responsibility for the infected members of her family who died when they showed up
 
Tecumsehsbones
#8
She vants to be alone.
 
bill barilko
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

I like the way the geologist ducked the responsibility for the infected members of her family who died when they showed up

In some of the versions of the story he does take responsibility and sounds quite remorseful the video I linked is far from perfect.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by hash21View Post

greetings,

lets assume that i want to live in the boreal forest in canada.
i have read somewhere that there are aboriginal people living there.
my question is: are they spread out in the entire forest or are there places without any people at all?
if i wish to live in a remote place without people in a wide area, is canada for me or should i look somewhere else? (russia or sibiria might be an alternative)

i appreciate any answers

Sorry, the forest is full up.
 
Danbones
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

In some of the versions of the story he does take responsibility and sounds quite remorseful the video I linked is far from perfect.

Good point
things are often lost in translation

I'll give the old gal credit though for hangin in there

I was out in the bush with a bunch of Russians a while back
They are tough, they can work, and they don't give up easy...
much like a Canadian from the bush
 
hash21
#12
i just looked around a bit and it seems that there are indeed quite a few aboriginal people living there. if i only could have my own little planet just for myself

thanks for your answers. bye
 
MHz
#13
You might want to look at this series before going where it is -30 for months at a time.
Each link is to a playlist of the whole season. I love the guys who say the bears will be afraid of them, they last about a day, or less. lol

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvtSlnUyJ39Zp3qVaamRy


httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvyopF8nnPLfSJ2bOktT7

 
bill barilko
+1
#14
You might need one of these

 
MHz
+1
#15
. . . and one of these.

 
selfsame
#16
Once I read about a young man who went to Alaska (belonging to US not to Canada); the story occurred more than 50 years ago: an American went to Alaska; there was a law: anyone cut off trees: the area devoid of trees will be his own; it is written in an old issue of The Reader's Digest; he faced dangers and difficulties but of course later on he was in a very good condition.
 
eh1eh
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by hash21View Post

i just looked around a bit and it seems that there are indeed quite a few aboriginal people living there. if i only could have my own little planet just for myself

thanks for your answers. bye


I hear Mars is very sparsely populated.

Quote: Originally Posted by hash21View Post

greetings,

lets assume that i want to live in the boreal forest in canada.
i have read somewhere that there are aboriginal people living there.
my question is: are they spread out in the entire forest or are there places without any people at all?
if i wish to live in a remote place without people in a wide area, is canada for me or should i look somewhere else? (russia or sibiria might be an alternative)

i appreciate any answers


You might want to check this guy. He did it.

Alone in the Wilderness, the story of Dick Proenneke, by Bob Swerer Productions (external - login to view)
 
bobnoorduyn
#18
It all depends on what you mean by "living in the boreal forest". If by that you mean living in the wilderness totally isolated from civilization I know of no aboriginal person actually doing so full time, but I have not lived in the North for a long time. Friends and customers would head to their camps and cabins in late fall for trapping during freezup but would return to town or the rez when the ice was thick enough to support a ski plane. Others did trek to the bush by snowmobile at other times to hunt during the winter or be flown in during the summer for the fishing season. Humans are social critters and still need interaction with their kind. The only people I know who have gone to live full time in the bush in nearly total isolation are white folk tired of the ills of humanity, real or perceived, or were Vietnam draft dodgers. Canada's bush is vast and while trapping, hunting and fishing camps and cabins dot the boreal forest, it is mostly uninhabited. If you own or have access to a airplane capable of getting you there you can easily find a place 500 or more miles from any human, but it will take an awful lot of planning, preparation, knowledge, and a good degree of luck to try to carve out a living.
 
MHz
#19
I wonder if Hash got lost in the forest?
 
no new posts