Another Quebec/Canada Difference

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The Supreme court has just upheld Quebec's long standing regulation against putting the colour yellow into their margarine.Ye Gads! Imagine white Parkay!! Oh,the horror!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Butter is better for us anyway[latest studies show this].I'm for anything that helps our farmers and ranchers. I remember when margarine first appeared in the stores and we had to use little packets of dye to colorize it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Another Quebec/Canada

It's the hard margerine that's bad.......

But why would you use edible oil instead of butter anyway? Butter tastes good. margerine is just plain ol' disgusting!

Imagine how much butter you'd have to put on your toast inorder for it to do you harm! Margerine requires a whole lot less to do you harm........

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
But why would you use edible oil instead of butter anyway? Butter tastes good. margerine is just plain ol' disgusting!

Can I get you to give testimony to Mrs. Rev, Twila. Trying to get butter around here is like pulling your own teeth.

I really miss butter. We used to get it right out of the cow, as often as not. It was usually an accident...Grandma would let one of us whip the cream then get distracted. Suddenly the cream would be butter. She'd just toss in some salt and a mistake turned into a whole new creation.

Try that with the cream you buy in stores.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Rev, show her some links to Margerines production. It's enough to make milk curdle.....and not in that tasty cottage cheese way neither.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You mean as opposed to the way butter is made? Have you ever been on a tour of a dairy plant?

When I consider our food production and distribution systems, I'm pretty surprised we aren't all dead .

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

yeah, but butter tastes good!

Cottage cheese has to be the grossest thing out there but it tastes good!

Marginerine is.....oil. no beneficial nutrients there.

Sometimes the differences make the difference.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The worst crap is that"I Can't Believe It's not Butter" brand.Only a total cretin would find any semblance of butter in it's taste! BTW,I prefer the taste of margarine.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

We had some of that at the studio where I used to work, Missile. We took the shot of it then it just kind of sat there for a while. One day the food stylist saw it in the fridge and tossed it out...it was hilarious. She didn't even open it, just threw it away.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Our local dairy used to produce a 20/80 blend[20% butter and the rest margarine] Not a bad product for those on a budget..didn't mind the taste of that :eek: