Let's Talk Quebec / Discutons Ensemble

Niksyk8

Nov 14, 2016
We are a group of Concordia University students studying Power and Conflict Resolution that would like to facilitate a respectful dialogue between the English, French and Aboriginals of Quebec. Please help us out by filling out our anonymous survey below or by taking part in the discussion on our Facebook page. Thanks for your help!

Nous sommes un groupe des étudiants de l'Université Concordia étudiant la résolution de conflits et de pouvoir qui souhaitent faciliter un dialogue respectueux entre les Anglais, les Français et les Autochtones du Québec. Donnez-nous votre opinion en remplissant notre sondage anonyme et bilingue sur les sujet qui concerne Québec! Merci pour votre collaboration!

LINK to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PBLNGL6
LINK to Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/discutonsletstalkquebec/

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'll start the dialogue...

The English are fat, donut-eating overlords who stole the Native's land and won't allow the French to have their own nation.

The French are fiddle-dancing, speedo-wearing and poutine-eating cry babies.

The Natives are glue-sniffing layabouts.

Discuss...

(In other news, I just signed up at Ancestry.com and found out I'm 90% a$$hole!)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'll start the dialogue...

The English are fat, donut-eating overlords who stole the Native's land and won't allow the French to have their own nation.

The French are fiddle-dancing, speedo-wearing and poutine-eating cry babies.

The Natives are glue-sniffing layabouts.

Discuss...

(In other news, I just signed up at Ancestry.com and found out I'm 90% a$$hole!)
All of which is overshadowed by the fact they're all Canadian.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I think the members of the Concordia University Student's Association just spit-taked their Starbucks lattes all over their textbooks when they read my opening post.

Bring in the therapy dogs!!

nanl

Nov 15, 2016
You guys are hilarious! Seriously though....we're actually not from the Concordia Student Association...We're a group of students taking a class on power and conflict resolution doing this for a final project and we could really use your (serious) input...Please go to the Facebook page link (above) or to the survey (link also above) to weigh in...We'd really appreciate! Thanks for your help!

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Somebody called in the backup. It is hilarious because bill 101 is a joke

Lol

You know what else is funny?

A Quebecious who supports the language law but denounces Trump. Lol

nanl

Nov 15, 2016

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Very funny everyone... you may want to check out a unique anglo perspective on how easy things are for the english in quebec in comparison to the rest of the francophones in canada at facebook discutons ensemble /let's talk quebec or snaek peek at Kathleen Wynne apologizes formally for 1912 ban on French in schools - Toronto - CBC News.

:)

I heard she did apologized for something that happened 100 years ago. Also I'm from Northern Ontario and no one is Restricting the use of the French Language.

If it's no problem then why the stupid bill 101? Restricting someone the use of an official language sounds counter intuitive to the point your making?

To say the English have it better in Quebec than the French have it in Ontario is kind of silly because there are no police cracking down on the use of the French Language when advertising for example.

Niksyk8

Nov 14, 2016
I heard she did apologized for something that happened 100 years ago. Also I'm from Northern Ontario and no one is Restricting the use of the French Language.

If it's no problem then why the stupid bill 101? Restricting someone the use of an official language sounds counter intuitive to the point your making?

To say the English have it better in Quebec than the French have it in Ontario is kind of silly because there are no police cracking down on the use of the French Language when advertising for example.
Thanks for your input Johnny, we really appreciate it at Discutons Ensemble, Let's Talk Quebec

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
What do you think if Quebec adopted an inclusive language policy?
Work continues on building a Cree Education Act in Quebec - North - CBC News
at facebook discutons ensemble, let's talk quebec :)

Sounds like Quebec is trying really hard to cater to everyone not English. But the rest of Canada knows this anyways.

But you wouldn't get it anyways because Quebec supports similar laws that Ontario had 100s of years ago.

One day Quebec will get over their victim mentality, one day...

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What do you think if Quebec adopted an inclusive language policy?
Work continues on building a Cree Education Act in Quebec - North - CBC News
at facebook discutons ensemble, let's talk quebec :)

I've supported that for a long time. Right now for example, if a shop in Gatineau QC put up a bilingual sign in Algonquin and French both the same size and Algonquin appearing first, that would violate the French Language Charter! Even if French appeared first, it would still violate it since French must be clearly predominant. I would day that a business can have any of the following four languages replace French to fulfil the French language requirements of the Charter:

1. The local indigenous sign language.
2. International sign.
3. The local indigenous oral and written language.
4. Esperanto.

Any public school should be free to have the local indigenous written language replace French as the written language of instruction, the local indigenous sign language or oral language replace French ad the spoken language of instruction, Eseranto replace French as the written second language, and Esperanto or International Sign replace French as the spoken second language. Any parent should be allowed to request a school voucher for his child.

Even federally, the local indigenous language or Esperanto should be allowed to fulfil the English and French requirement of packaging and labeling laws. And any person should be allowed to request a media voucher with 1/20 of funding going to Esperanto or International Sign and 19/20 to the local indigenous language. I also don't think Federal offices in Quebec should be required to provide service in English.