Que. zoo welcomes baby giraffe

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Que. zoo welcomes baby giraffe
QMI Agency
First posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 07:47 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, August 04, 2014 08:05 PM EDT
For the first time in 23 years, a giraffe has given birth at the Parc Safari zoo and amusement park in Hemmingford, Que.
Bonnie, a four-year-old giraffe, gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday at 2:28 p.m. at the southern Quebec zoo.
"I was there with my girlfriend," Alain Tremblay wrote on the zoo's Facebook page. "We witnessed the birth of the giraffe and about 50 minutes later we saw the baby get up on her legs for the first time. It was really a super experience."
Parc Safari is looking to the public to help pick a name for the baby giraffe. They have asked people to make suggestions and write them on the Parc Safari wall on Facebook.
Giraffes are the tallest living animal, with some growing up to 20 feet tall.
Bonnie, a four-year-old giraffe, gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday at the Parc Safari zoo. (STEPHANE WAFFO/QMI Agency)

Que. zoo welcomes baby giraffe | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I saw the news clip to this a couple of minutes ago.... flop flat on the ground . Wasn't pretty

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
*shaking my head*

Lack of Lions......................c'mon.

On the plains of the Whachamambo-d i l d o in Africa, the wee lassie would have been up and attem in 5 minutes.

That's the problem with giraffes these days. Too damn complacent.

Canadian giraffe, eh.!;-)