DOH! Montreal Tax Dollars at Work!

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
Hydro poles in middle of new sidewalk

Crossed wires between Hydro Quebec and municipal officials has left some power poles smack-dab in the middle of a newly-poured sidewalk in Montreal North.
The city says Hydro was notified years ago about plans to widen a sidewalk near Carrefour Henri Bourassa.
The existing power poles were not removed in time and now several are sitting in the middle of the newly-installed sidewalk.
Hydro Quebec says the poles should be removed in a few days - once the city takes down the signage attached to them.

CJAD 800 – News. Talk. Radio. :: Hydro poles in middle of new sidewalk :: News - CJAD 800 News - Article

The title should actually read "New Sidewalk Around Hydro Poles"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I saw this at work the yesterday but didn't have time to reply then. But I do now.

That's ****ed up!

Okay, maybe it's not much of a reply, but in a way it kind of says it all.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Exactly the same thing is going on in Toronto right now.
In Toronto though it's because the signs on them are for cars and they take priority in Ford nation.
Thanks Rob.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So we know that "ability to plan" is not in the job description for the Planning Department for at least two of Canada's largest cities.

Excellent! :roll:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
They should be working on the highways on the outskirts. Every time I go to Montreal I worry a bit about one of those old poorly maintained bridges collapsing onto or under me.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hydro poles in middle of new sidewalk

Crossed wires between Hydro Quebec and municipal officials has left some power poles smack-dab in the middle of a newly-poured sidewalk in Montreal North.
The city says Hydro was notified years ago about plans to widen a sidewalk near Carrefour Henri Bourassa.
The existing power poles were not removed in time and now several are sitting in the middle of the newly-installed sidewalk.
Hydro Quebec says the poles should be removed in a few days - once the city takes down the signage attached to them.

CJAD 800 – News. Talk. Radio. :: Hydro poles in middle of new sidewalk :: News - CJAD 800 News - Article

The title should actually read "New Sidewalk Around Hydro Poles"

I've seen a lot of things but man oh man...

le click

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Montreal is the provinces money pit .
They Have a stadium that looks like a toilet with the lid up