Mom, trapped on conveyor belt with son, sues Trudeau Airport

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mom, trapped on conveyor belt with son, sues Trudeau Airport
Valerie Gonthier and Marc Pigeon, QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:20 AM EST | Updated: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:34 AM EST
MONTREAL — A mother is suing Trudeau Airport for $80,000 after she and her two-year-old son took a hell ride on a luggage conveyor belt.

Fatima Sellaoui says the ordeal on Jan. 11, 2011, ruined her vacation to Algeria and caused permanent back and foot injuries.

"I saved my son, but I lost my health," Sellaoui told QMI Agency this week.

"I am on (painkiller) drugs."

Sellaoui and her husband were checking in their bags when their curious son Amir hopped onto the luggage belt, according to their lawsuit.

She says she took quick action when staff failed to act.

"I threw myself on," she said.

She and Amir ended up in darkness, tossed to and fro amid deafening noise, on a conveyor-belt highway complete with interchanges.

"I shouted 'Help me! Help!' but nobody heard," Sellaoui said. "It was like a movie, what happened to me."

She says she clutched Amir tightly and that the ordeal only ended when an airport staffer climbed a wall and plucked both of them to safety.

Sellaoui said Amir suffered a minor foot injury, but she was unable to get up from her seat on the plane to Algeria and was admitted to hospital as soon as they landed.

She accuses Trudeau Airport of negligence and is seeking physical and moral damages. The allegations haven't been proven in court.

Sellaoui says Amir, now five years old, blames himself for her injuries.

"He sometimes tells me 'Mama, it's my fault you feel bad, eh?'"

Montreal's airport authority declined to comment.

Mom, trapped on conveyor belt with son, sues Trudeau Airport | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yeah, maybe she should have kept a better eye on her son rather than blame everyone else. I don't see her getting a penny from this lawsuit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I got stuck on an escalator overnight at the mall downtown. I want a Booster Juice and a some Yogen Fruz.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How many Lawyers are lined up to file a 3rd party case against the parents of said 'Mom'? She is a danger to the public all by herself let alone what the kids have endured. That should ruin the kids life at school for at least the next 5 years or 3 moves, whichever comes first.

It wouldn't go up or down. What was I to do?
She says that about her old-man too.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I love people who go to airports and their little cubs break from the herd running to and fro and they just expect that everything will be fine. I guess a good way to remedy this would be to allow coyotes to roam the airports untethered. Seems to work in the animal kingdom.

I feel really bad that Pierre Trudeau ruined her trip to Algeria. It's such a blemish on his multicultural record. Perhaps she can get some weed from Justin for her aches and pains.