To sit under a tree

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Has anyone ever tought you to be alone?.... CDNBear knows what I'm saying . Have you ever go out for a walk by yourself? Have you ever sat under a tree—not with a book, not with a companion, but by yourself—and observe the falling of a leaf, hear the lapping of the water, watch the flight of a bird, and of your own thoughts as they chase each other across the space of your mind. If you are able to be alone and watch these things, then you will discover extraordinary riches which no government can tax, no human agency can corrupt, and which can never be destroyed.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
watched two horses laze in the shade of a tree
watched two ravens play in the air
watched the clouds as they move by
really notice the colour of natures landscapes
listen to the quiet

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
watched two horses laze in the shade of a tree
watched two ravens play in the air
watched the clouds as they move by
really notice the colour of natures landscapes
listen to the quiet

How beautiful.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
We never seem to have a feeling for all living things on the earth. If we could establish a deep, abiding relationship with nature, we would never kill an animal for our appetite, we would never harm, vivisect, a monkey, a dog, a guinea pig for our benefit. We would find other ways to heal our wounds, heal our bodies. But the healing of the mind is something totally different. That healing gradually takes place if you are with nature, with that pine tree, and the blade of grass that pushes through the cement, and the hills hidden by the clouds.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Are we loosing relation with nature ?I wonder if we ask this questions of ourself when we look at those chestnut trees with their blooms like white candles against the blue sky. What relationship exists between you and that, what relationship have you actually got (not emotional or sentimental) what is your relationship with such things? And if you have lost the relationship with these things in nature, how can you be related to man? The more we live in towns, the less do we have any relation with nature. You go out for a walk on a Sunday and look at the trees and say “How lovely”, and go back to your life of routine, living in a series of drawers, which are called houses, apartment. You are losing your relationship with nature. You can see this by the fact that you go to museums and you spend a whole morning looking at pictures.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I've never been to a museum, but I have fallen asleep on the grass, in the quiet of an
afternoon, in a warm breeze, under a tree, smelling the wild flowers and listening
to the buzz of bees and flutter of the birds.

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Mount Megantic clip.wmv - Windows Live

I am lucky. All I have to do is sit on my back porch and enjoy .
I work in the woods during winter and spring. So yeah I do take those moments and just listen and watch.
Early morning bird chattering, you can almost understand the communication. There is "inteligence" in it .

I would die inside if I was to live in a city.

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
We must find out for ourselves what is the relationship between nature and each of us. That is part of religion. You may not agree, but consider it, go into it. Have you any relationship with nature, with the birds, with the water of that river? All rivers are holy, but getting more and more polluted: you may call it Ganges, or the Thames, the Nile, the Rhine, the Mississippi, or the Volga. What is your relationship with all that—with the trees, with the birds, with all the living things that we call nature?Nature is part of our life. We grew out of the seed, the earth, and we are part of all that. But we are rapidly losing the sense that we are animals like the others.If we hurt nature we are only hurting our selves.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We must find out for ourselves what is the relationship between nature and each of us. That is part of religion. You may not agree, but consider it, go into it. Have you any relationship with nature, with the birds, with the water of that river? All rivers are holy, but getting more and more polluted: you may call it Ganges, or the Thames, the Nile, the Rhine, the Mississippi, or the Volga. What is your relationship with all that—with the trees, with the birds, with all the living things that we call nature?Nature is part of our life. We grew out of the seed, the earth, and we are part of all that. But we are rapidly losing the sense that we are animals like the others.If we hurt nature we are only hurting our selves.

There is nothing to add china, it is all true, and I'm sure millions 'live off' of
this earth instead of 'with' this earth, and 'for' this earth.