Is love sentimental ?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Love is not sentiment

To be sentimental, to be emotional, is not love, because sentimentality and emotion are mere sensations. A religious person who weeps about mother or father, Jesus or Krishna, about his guru and somebody else is merely sentimental, emotional. He is indulging in sensation, which is a process of thought, and thought is not love.Obviously thought is the result of sensation, so the person who is sentimental, who is emotional, cannot possibly know love. I think sentimentality, emotionalism, is merely a form of self-expansion. To be full of emotion is obviously not love, because a sentimental person can be cruel when his sentiments are not responded to, when his feelings have no outlet. An emotional person can be stirred to hatred, to war, to butchery. A man who is sentimental, full of tears for his religion( I'm sure that we are familiar with some ) , surely, has no love.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Interesting.
Hard to pin down what it is.
I am not certain what I have felt but it does feel good and warm, but was those feelings after thoughts? In this state it feels like an energy. I had a strange experience , may not be on topic but few years ago , it happened twice. The second time lasted for a week. Out of no reason at all I felt like I was 'in love'. Don't know what i did to achieve it but at the time I was not in any kind of relationship.
In that state it felt energetic , yet calming . There was joy, I guesss I can call it that? I felt at one with everything.

I wonder tho, Can we feel love when things around us are not agreeable?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Love is acceptance.
Love is a decision. I know that sounds odd but it is a decision. We enter into a relationship, get married and decide to spend our lives with another person. Lots of disagreements can and usually do occur. We can decide to stay in the relationship and work it out or we can leave. (a decision) Sometimes it takes years to make the decision that is right for you. I guess that goes along with acceptance. When you make your decision, you also decide to accept the things/people that go along with it. I guess acceptance depends on your decision. In even just a friendship it's still the same. We love our friends and the relationship we have with them. However, it's still a decision. If the day comes when we can no longer accept them for the way they are - we have to make a decision. Love is a decision.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love is-dying every day. Love is not memory, love is not thought. Love is not a thing that continues as duration in time. And, through observation, one must die to the continuity of everything. Then there is love; and with love, there comes creation.[/FONT]

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
To me Love is a state of being: being connected to the source of life itself.

The building block of everything is energy: the energy that animates everything from solar systems to atomic structures, that cause the synapses to fire, that gives living things consciousness. Love is the energy from which life springs. If we are not in a state of love, we are disconnected (in our minds) from the source - a state of separation.
All that male/female "love" is just hormones and neediness.