Life has no security , it is ment to be lived .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
So where is security? There may be no security at all. Just think about it, having no desire for security, having no urge, no feeling of any kind in which there is security. In your homes, in your offices, in your factories, in your parliaments and so on, is there security? Life may not have security; life is meant to be lived, not to create problems and then try to solve them. It is meant to be lived and it will die. That’s one of our fears—to die. Right?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well, this is by far one of your better forays into human existence China! You're right in the absolute sense. There is no such thing as complete security, unless it's a creation of the mind. About problems? I think it's safe to say that the absolute lack of security makes problems inevitable. I don't think finding solutions is incompatible with living this life. Some people enjoy solving problems. Most of your threads deal with the same.

Hope you live well today!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe people are depending too much on others to look after them. Smart people set up their lives with built in precautions where possible for things like finances, personal safety, health etc. and hope a little common sense to look after the rest. But unless you want to lie in bed all day there is no way to 100% safe, there's always a chance of a satellite returning to earth and smacking you on the head. Worry probably does in as many people as anything, so best just to lead a busy and productive life, doing something occasionally for others.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
China,

what can I say?
it's so true.
Such an illusion we live , this thing called life.
So uncertain the things we take as granted.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I think one has come to the absolute fact—not relative fact—the absolute fact that there is no psychological security in anything that man has invented; one sees that all our religions are inventions, put together by thought. When one sees that all our divisive endeavours, which come about when there are beliefs, dogmas, rituals, which are the whole substance of religion, when one sees all that very clearly, not as an idea, but as a fact, then that very fact reveals the extraordinary quality of intelligence in which there is complete, whole security.