I believe ...You are only a Believe .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
You replace one belief with another. You can't be without a belief. What you call 'you' is only a belief.If you say :" I don't know who I am ", that's still a believe . If the belief goes, you go with it. That is the reason why, when you are not satisfied with one belief-structure, you replace it with another.
Oh boy..., don't believe in anything .....

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
China, some time ago I have decided not to post in your threads, otherwise I would've tried to explain that the phrase "Don't believe in anything" makes no sense whatsoever :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Vereya ,
"Don't believe in anything" makes no sense whatsoever

Dear Vereya ,It is essential sometimes to go to some retreat , to stop everything that you have bin doing, to stop your beliefs and experiences completely,and look at them anew , not keep on repeating like machines weather you believe or do not believe .You will then let in fresh air into your mind .

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
You replace one belief with another. You can't be without a belief. What you call 'you' is only a belief.If you say :" I don't know who I am ", that's still a believe . If the belief goes, you go with it. That is the reason why, when you are not satisfied with one belief-structure, you replace it with another.

I have been stuggling with this concpt for some time and have come to the conclusion that to believe is to have doupt. When you say, "I believe such 'n' such.." you are acually saying you 'think' but don't really know. Therefore we have to 'know'.

"Wizards know things. Wizards change things." "Be one who knows and change your World." Blaa blaa blaa.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Canadian Love ,

I have been stuggling with this concpt for some time and have come to the conclusion .......[/quote
]
Coming the conclusion Canadian Love is not a very healthy proposition .To find out (something ) is not to come to a conclusion . An intelligent mind is always searching , learning ,never concluding ;the moment it concludes ,it stops being intelligent .
I think that a mind that is satisfied with "explanations" and conclusions is very superficial , there fore it is not intelligent .
I would suggest that you do more struggling .

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

how about just saying 'whatever', be satisfied, then get on with it, don't believe
or disbelieve, just accept and move on, don't give all of it another thought,
let someone else worry about it, you have life to live, sleep well, there is
tomorrow, and another day to enjoy, or not, 'whatever'.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think it concluded long before it was a conclusion.

A conclusion sounds a lot like a concussion and may have a similar effect - brain damage. If you accept life as it unfolds without judging whether it is good or bad, you begin to see beyond the superficial and mundane to the more profound aspects of life that are clouded by judgments. Beliefs are judgments about aspects of life and keep us from appreciating the miracle of it all.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

Quoting china An intelligent mind is always searching , learning ,never concluding ;the moment it concludes ,it stops being intelligent .
Dexter Sinister ,

That sure looks like a conclusion to me.

It sure is Dexter Sinister ; and an intelligent mind avoids this predicament .

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A conclusion sounds a lot like a concussion and may have a similar effect - brain damage. If you accept life as it unfolds without judging whether it is good or bad, you begin to see beyond the superficial and mundane to the more profound aspects of life that are clouded by judgments. Beliefs are judgments about aspects of life and keep us from appreciating the miracle of it all.
I agree 100%, that is precisely what I was saying in my post, but it seems I posted
in a different language.;-)