You are the Teacher .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
It is time to stop looking for others to guide you to inner peace. It is time to look in the mirror and see your teacher. It is you; it has always been you.
You have been looking for signposts to guide your way and somehow you tend to get caught up in another's story and their interpretations. The bookcases full of books you all have may have been helpful and uplifting in some cases but after awhile you realize in different ways and in different words, they all say the same thing: inner peace is within you.
There are self-proclaimed or not gurus and spiritual teachers everywhere and an exciting new product to buy to help us find enlightenment at every turn. They all hold the hope that we can make it; we can get where "they" are. There is no 'where'. We are the ones we are seeking. It sounds so simple as you put down the books and discuss it with your friends, but then life happens and you are challenged to respond in non-attachment and allowance rather than falling back into the same old thinking . How do we actually create and sustain the process within ourselves? Look in the mirror. There is the person who knows, who contains the essence of inner knowing and always has. This person knows by an inner resonance. There is a felt sense of knowing what is true in the heart and the body. When this person is quiet and calm, the inner voice can be heard whispering the way. This person belive it or not, is each one of us.
Your thoughts as always.​

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It is time to stop looking for others to guide you to inner peace. It is time to look in the mirror and see your teacher. It is you; it has always been you.

Tell that to your patient when you about to do brain surgery on them. People need to be taught certain things to at least get them started on thinking for themselves. You can't expect someone to pick up some complicated profession or hobby and make it practical for themselves as well as others unless they get some sort of training and education.

How are you going to know how to design a better and more effective jet engine, if you never look into the details involved in existing jet engines? Chances are if you're really lucky, you might spend 10 years or so on your own design, only to end up with something right along the lines of what is currently being used, if not, more inferior.

You have been looking for signposts to guide your way and somehow you tend to get caught up in another's story and their interpretations. The bookcases full of books you all have may have been helpful and uplifting in some cases but after awhile you realize in different ways and in different words, they all say the same thing: inner peace is within you.

And yet, without learning that from those books, you wouldn't be where you are today to decide whether or not to look within..... to a degree, you are still guiding your life through past experiences and education.... just through your own interpretation and preferences..... that doesn't make either useless or impractical.​

There are self-proclaimed or not gurus and spiritual teachers everywhere and an exciting new product to buy to help us find enlightenment at every turn. They all hold the hope that we can make it; we can get where "they" are. There is no 'where'......

That's one thing I find odd about comments such as this that you bring up... not in a negative or positive way, but don't you think what you're trying to tell us is contradicting to the method in which you're telling us?

You tell us not to listen to people in books or people who claim to know it all or think they do.... and yet, you yourself are giving the impression that you know it all (well in this paticular topic anyways) and yet, as you tell us to only listen to ourselves..... if that is to be true, why should we listen to you in the first place on whether or not we should listen to ourselves?

The moment you try and tell others of what you believe and/or know, you place yourself in that category in which you tell us to avoid.... doesn't that seem a bit odd to you?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Hey China how's it going? This past saturday evening I secreted myself in my mountain retreat and proceeded to get quite pleasantly drunk. During the course of the evening well past the care of clocks I had a visitation of a sort hitherto unexperianced. A blinding light (firefly I suspect) invaded my revery and deposited on my remaining brain cell the purpose of life. Imagine after all these millenia I was selected to recieve the coveted secret. And it was thusly communicated to me. The purpose of life is to figure out the purpose of life. ha haha ha:lol:

franc

Jul 25, 2008
Tell that to your patient when you about to do brain surgery on them. People need to be taught certain things to at least get them started on thinking for themselves. You can't expect someone to pick up some complicated profession or hobby and make it practical for themselves as well as others unless they get some sort of training and education.

You misunderstand him entirely. He did not say that one should not look to others for guidance in brain surgery, but in finding inner peace. However, it could still apply there. Those neurosurgery techniques were developed by someone at some point, they could not look to others for guidance, and it is from such situations that human knowledge is expanded. Perhaps we should all at least aspire to do that.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
You misunderstand him entirely. He did not say that one should not look to others for guidance in brain surgery, but in finding inner peace. However, it could still apply there. Those neurosurgery techniques were developed by someone at some point, they could not look to others for guidance, and it is from such situations that human knowledge is expanded. Perhaps we should all at least aspire to do that.

Point made and taken.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
You tell us not to listen to people in books or people who claim to know it all or think they do.... and yet, you yourself are giving the impression that you know it all (well in this paticular topic anyways) and yet, as you tell us to only listen to ourselves..... if that is to be true, why should we listen to you in the first place on whether or not we should listen to ourselves?
Why do you ask me ?I,m not your father ,guru or whatever.
I'm writing what ever I want ; this is a public forum .Don't agree with my points of view ?...I'm happy you don't ; find your own ,whatever you are looking for.
LOVE .....and do what you will . ST Augustin ..I think .

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Perhaps, but even getting to the point where one decides to look within for inner peace, one has to learn from other things which they tried and which failed in the past. In order to start learning, one must begin to forget everything they are taught, so to speak. However, you can't get to that step of forgetting everything you were taught, if you wern't taught anything.... sorta a conundrum when you think about it.

How would we know how to look within ourselves if we first didn't believe or be taught about spirits, or a soul, or just basic information about the things unprovable.

Many of the religions are on the right track, however their rules and moral obligaitons they preach on about has skewed their perspectives and thus, most may never find the answers they wish to seek..... the tool works, you just need to learn how to use it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Why do you ask me ?I,m not your father ,guru or whatever.

Oh I know... and yet you're expressing and telling us things that we should be doing for ourselves, just as any "Father / Guru / Whatever" does. If we are not supposed to seek others out to help find the answers within, then logically you shouldn't be telling us to do so, and we should be figuring it out ourselves.... but now by your actions of expression on how to and what to do about finding the answers most seek, you sorta ruined the journey to that point :p

I'm writing what ever I want ; this is a public forum .Don't agree with my points of view ?...I'm happy you don't ; find your own ,whatever you are looking for.
LOVE .....and do what you will . ST Augustin ..I think .

Never said you couldn't write whatever you want.... it is a public forum indeed... Debate one at that, which is why I clicked on the thread, read what you had to say, and now I am expressing my own opinion about your own opinion, and just simply pointing out something I feel is a contradiction in action compared to the message.

I have no issues on what you're saying people should do... in fact, I did it myself a few years back to figure a few things out..... but in my belief, which is sorta similar to your own, you can't actually tell someone not to listen to other people when it comes to seeking these answers, because that alone cancels out you telling them to not listen to people..... and the other problem is that they're not really and truly figuring things out for themselves, if they're told to do so and they do it.

What I'm trying to get at is the core instincts on this matter being tainted if you will, due to the method of approach.... that's all... ain't no big thang.

franc

Jul 25, 2008
Perhaps, but even getting to the point where one decides to look within for inner peace, one has to learn from other things which they tried and which failed in the past. In order to start learning, one must begin to forget everything they are taught, so to speak. However, you can't get to that step of forgetting everything you were taught, if you wern't taught anything.... sorta a conundrum when you think about it.

How would we know how to look within ourselves if we first didn't believe or be taught about spirits, or a soul, or just basic information about the things unprovable.

Many of the religions are on the right track, however their rules and moral obligaitons they preach on about has skewed their perspectives and thus, most may never find the answers they wish to seek..... the tool works, you just need to learn how to use it.

In seeking inner peace, every experience in your life is what has been taught to you.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Praxius
If we are not supposed to seek others out to help find the answers within....
No, you should not ;you wont find any one who can tell you who you are.

, then logically you shouldn't be telling us to do so, and we should be figuring it out ourselves...
That,s what I 'm saying Praxius , go where the source is ....yourself .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
feanc

Inner peace is being at peace with oneself, whatever oneself may be.

True ,as long as the "oneself" knows and is aware of the "oneself ", without comparing the "oneself" to other "oneself "s .And that 's what the original post is all about .

franc

Jul 25, 2008
feanc

True ,as long as the "oneself" knows and is aware of the "oneself ", without comparing the "oneself" to other "oneself "s .And that 's what the original post is all about .

If one is at peace with oneself, one can compare oneself to others quite comfortably.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If one is at peace with oneself, one can compare oneself to others quite comfortably
In the situation where comparison is used I don,t think one is at peace with him self but on one hell of an EGO trip .

Last edited: