Conditioning

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Freedom from conditioning is not a direct result,please understand . If I set about deliberately to free myself from my conditioning, that desire creates its own conditioning. I may destroy one form of conditioning, but I am caught in another. Whereas, if there is an understanding of desire itself, which includes the desire to be free, then that very understanding destroys all conditioning. Freedom from conditioning is a by product; it is not important. The important thing is to understand what it is that creates conditioning.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Freedom from conditioning is not a direct result,please understand . If I set about deliberately to free myself from my conditioning, that desire creates its own conditioning. I may destroy one form of conditioning, but I am caught in another. Whereas, if there is an understanding of desire itself, which includes the desire to be free, then that very understanding destroys all conditioning. Freedom from conditioning is a by product; it is not important. The important thing is to understand what it is that creates conditioning.

Is this like that nurture v nature discussion? The answer is 60/40. Is it also correct to assume that you have discarded free will?