Can crude mind become sensitive?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Read the question ,see the meaning behind the words. Can the crude mind become sensitive? If I say my mind is crude and I try to become sensitive, the very effort to become sensitive is crudity. See this ,don't be intrigued, watch it. Whereas, if I recognize that I am crude without wanting to change, without trying to become sensitive, if I begin to understand what crudeness is, observe it in my life from day to day -the greedy way I eat, the roughness with which I treat people, the pride, the arrogance, the coarseness of my habits and thoughts -then that very observation transforms' what is'.Similarly,if I am stupid and I say I must become intelligent, the effort to become intelligent is only a greater form of stupidity; because what is important is to understand stupidity. However much I may try to become intelligent, my stupidity will remain. I may acquire the superficial polish of learning, I may be able to quote books, repeat passages from great authors, but basically I shall still be stupid. But if I see and understand stupidity as it expresses itself in my daily life- how I behave towards my wife, how I regard my neighbor, the poor man, the rich man, the clerk- then that very awareness brings about a breaking up of stupidity.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
I am very direct and to the point, some people could say I was crude, I prefer to say I'm efficient because I skip all the superfulous niceties and the insincere b.s., I am cordial mind you, not rude.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Scott Free
There is always someone more intelligent; in that way we are all crude to someone.
I How can one be more intelligent than the other.. One either is or isn't.
One may have a greater amount of knowledge than the other one ,but that doesn't make him more intelligent .Intelligence implies sensitivity to others ,and that sensitivity has nothing to do with crudeness .

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Scott Free
I How can one be more intelligent than the other.. One either is or isn't.

Intelligence is how quickly your mind works. Just like one car can be faster than another so too can one mind be faster than another. Instead of measuring in mph intelligence is measured in IQ.

One may have a greater amount of knowledge than the other one ,but that doesn't make him more intelligent.

That's right. Knowledge has nothing to do with intelligence. It can cause one to look more intelligent because of acquired knowledge but that really isn't intelligence. A good example is that someone can teach a child though the child can be more intelligent, the appearance of which may take some time to develop and appear.

Intelligence implies sensitivity to others ,and that sensitivity has nothing to do with crudeness.

Not really. It is possible to be both crude and intelligent. You may measure intelligence by manners but that is your own social bias. It has nothing to do with reality. Crudeness can be caused by a lack of intelligence, I agree, but it can also be caused by a poor education, a poor family background, personality disorders etc.. It might be the person being crude doesn't respect you, doesn't respect himself, doesn't care for manners, is from a different culture than yours etc,. again, there are any number of possibilities.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Intelligence is how quickly your mind works.[
OK,...works what , Scott Free ?

Instead of measuring in mph intelligence is measured in IQ.

MPH is a very accurate measurement .How accurate is IQ...............Impossible Question ,ha ?

Knowledge has nothing to do with intelligence. It can cause one to look more intelligent because of acquired knowledge but that really isn't intelligence.
What you are saying is that some people in this forum who have accumulated a great deal of knowledge, and they look more intelligent but "that really isn't intelligence "?
What is intelligence Scott Free ?

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
OK,...works what ?

Itself...

So what you are saying is that some people in this forum who have accumulated a great amount of knowledge only look more intelligent but "that really isn't intelligence "?
What is intelligence Scott Fee ?

Intelligence is how quickly your mind functions (the speed electrical impulses travel through the brain) - if your brain were a washing machine then your IQ would be how quickly you clean cloths. There are arguably many kinds of intelligence but I am using the established definition here.

Intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge, though if you seek a solution, it is best to find someone with a combination of knowledge and intelligence. Such critico-creative thinking is best but a rare combination. So you will find some knowledgeable people not creative enough to understand a concept and you may find some intelligent people too ignorant to understand a concept. It is also possible to be too educated or too creative to understand a concept.

In varying degrees we all suffer from some combination of defects. I know some ego's here will probably balk at my assertion but regardless of their shining perfection, at the end of the day we are all human and imperfect, whether we accept it or not does not change the fact.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Intelligence is how quickly your mind functions (the speed electrical impulses travel through the brain) - if your brain were a washing machine then your IQ would be how quickly you clean cloths. There are arguably many kinds of intelligence but I am using the established definition here.
Here you go again Scott Free-speed ,speed and more speed .Your definition of intelligence is a bit "mechanical" What you are showing me is how fast it can operate using as an example items which are a product of that very intelligence .So ,it can operate fast .What is it SF ?

at the end of the day we are all human and imperfect
, whether we accept it or not does not change the fact.
Please,learn first what the fact is and perhaps you won't have to worry about accepting it.or not .

Last edited: