Unitity of mind and heart .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Training the intellect does not result in intelligence. Rather, intelligence comes into being when one acts in perfect harmony, both intellectually and emotionally. There is a vast distinction between intellect and intelligence. Intellect is merely thought functioning independently of emotion. When intellect, irrespective of emotion, is trained in any particular direction, one may have great intellect, but one does not have intelligence, because in intelligence there is the inherent capacity to feel as well as to reason; in intelligence both capacities are equally present, intensely and harmoniously.Now moderneducation is developing the intellect, offering more and more explanations of life, more and more theories, without the harmonious quality of affection. Therefore we have developed cunning minds to escape from conflict; hence we are satisfied with explanations that scientists and philosophers give us. The mind-the intellect-is satisfied with these innumerable explanations, but intelligence is not, for to understand there must be complete unity of mind and heart in action

Last edited:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Good thing I retain the right to disagree.... cause I do.

A "unity" of heart and mind is insufficient. Giving the presence of both equal expression and opportunity to direct thought and actions is superior to melding the two into a morass of frequently conflicting impulses. For example: facing the facts that compell one to the conclusion that it would be kinder to end the suffering of a loved one than it would to squander every resource in the vain attempt to save that life..and in that effort only increase the pain and suffering of the afflicted for their remaining moments.... A balance between judgment/assessment predicated on informed knowledge and understanding and love respect and compassion is preferable in my opinion to the effort that would be involved in self-questioning that would be required to determine who's benefit any resulting action or inaction best serves.

There needs to be a "boundary", a breathing space between self and the other, an opportunity for objective rational assessment that incorporates potentials possibly or likely achievable..... Love is both a master and a servant. Rationality and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the situation brings clarity and does not obfuscate. I appreciate what you're trying for here, there was even a popular slang term many years ago that captured this idea. When intelligence and emotion are working together in harmony...you've "Got it together man".....

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Thanks for the post Mikey ;I also reserve the right to remain with my statements in the post .How lucky can you get.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Mikey

Technologically man has turned his mind towards perfecting more and more technology - computers, armaments. So technology is moving more and more to the East, to the Far East. That is, man has given importance to technology: better instruments of war, better communication, better means of killing another human being and so on. I won\'t go into all that , you probably know hat I mean .
So man has given time, energy, money, his capacities towards that, improvement of technology. Please see this, that's what is happening in the world. So his consciousness has moved towards greater technology - right? He has given his thought, his energy in that direction. So the brains are becoming more and more technologically minded, gadgets.
Please , I'm not saying that you shouldn't have that, I'm saying that is inevitable, that is what is happening. And man has given very little time, energy, thought in any other direction. He doesn't say: "I am going to find out for myself who I am, why I behave like this. What is beyond all this?" We haven't given a thought to it. You understand the two? That is man has given enormous time and energy towards the conquering of environments, which is the sky, heaven, and the world. And we have not given that equal energy or time or vitality to inquire within ourselves, who we are, why we behave like this, is there anything ultimate, is there any existence without cause? Which is the inquiry of something far greater than all technology, all human thought. You understand Mikey ,You see the picture? Technology is invading our whole consciousness and we are not giving enough energy and time to the other. And if there are a few who do ,they are submerged by the other. Please see the actuality of all this. I hope this is all clear, that we are all understanding each other in what we have been saying.