To comprehend the totality of life

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Life demands that I look at it afresh. Because life is movement, it is not a dead, static thing, and I must therefore approach it with a mind that is capable of looking at it without translating it in certain terms—as a Hindu, a Christian, or whatever it is I happen to be. So, before I can look at the whole picture, I must be aware of how my mind is burdened with knowledge, tradition, which prevents it from looking afresh at that which is moving, living. Knowledge, however wide, however necessary at one level, does not bring comprehension of life, which is a constant movement. If my mind is burdened with technique, training, so that it can understand only that which is static, dead, then I can have no comprehension of life as a whole. To comprehend the totality of life, I must understand the process of knowledge, and how knowledge interferes with that comprehension.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
"And how knowledge interferes with that comprehension.."

Sure I can see that....

Watching a coral reef one could gaze in wonder as "something" appears out of "nothing"...no enhancement to comprehension is delivered through understanding that millions of tiny creatures are building and living in that reef...

Yeah....comprehension comes through ignorance.... gotcha!

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Watching a coral reef one could gaze in wonder as "something" appears out of "nothing"...no enhancement to comprehension is delivered through understanding that millions of tiny creatures are building and living in that reef...
Yeah....comprehension comes through ignorance.... gotcha! __________________

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Yeah....comprehension comes through ignorance.... gotcha! __________________

Does this line added after what I wrote an effort to elicit knowledge?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
May I conclude that your request for "knowledge"...knowing how I might complete that sentence or whatever else I might say...would have had influence on your comprehension of this dialogue.............?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
China...when you snatch the pebbles from my hand...only then will you be ready... :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
EagleSmack

EagleSmack..when you snatch the pebbles from my hand...only then will you be ready...

Last edited: