Do you love your life>

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Are you in love with your life or are you in love with your past? But life is never concerned with the past .
Life, like the swift-running water is always going forward and is never still and stagnant.
The past , no matter how rich and beautiful - 'was' and it will never "be again".
Are you in love with your life?

Last edited:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Well China, I usually enjoy reading you and Curiosity dissect the mysteries of life together, but since she's not here to right now, I'll share some response I had to your question.

It could be construed as a circular question with a linear response. Life is indeed continually moving forward - at least for those of us who can only experience time in a linear fashion. We can be aware, or at least suspect that time is not linear, but currently, that's how we're experiencing it. So as I experience this moment, before it even becomes fully part of the past, I'm experiencing a new set of responses to whatever is unfolding within that moment, and the next one that's rolling in... etc. A never ending treadmill of moments. So in this moment, I might say that I love my life. Everything I absolutely need to ensure my contentment is in place. All my loved ones are safe and well, I have food, shelter and love. Change any of those essentials and I might be propelled into a state of not loving my life in response to what that moment is presenting to me.

So... I'm interested to hear China - do you love your life?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Zan,
So... I'm interested to hear China - do you love your life?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love LIFE Zak .

Zak- So in this moment, I might say that I love my life. Everything I absolutely need to ensure my contentment is in place. All my loved ones are safe and well, I have food, shelter and love. Change any of those essentials and I might be propelled into a state of not loving my life in response to what that moment is presenting to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China- When you love somebody there is no responsibility, there is no duty, there is no sacrifice ,there is only love. You do things because you love. And you cannot love if you are thinking only about yourself. When you are thinking about yourself, then you come first and your loved ones come second; then, to love them , you sacrifice yourself. Then it is not love. It is a bargain. Where there is love, there is no possessiveness, no envy; there is mercy and compassion, not in theory, but actually—for your wife and for your children, for your neighbor. Love alone can bring about mercy and beauty, order and peace. There is love with its blessing when "you" cease to be.

Last edited:

Daelin

Sep 24, 2007
Prince Edward Island
syf.vze.com
I can only love my life as much as I love the things in it.

On the positive side:
I have lots of great friends, a great girlfriend, I'm not poor, I'm healthy, I have no reason for fear of imminent disasters in my area.

On the negative side:
I live on PEI, so things get boring fast. My job is kinda dull, and my great friends are hard to get a hold of sometimes

So, all in all, I feel general indifference towards my life, tending to lean closer to the "liking it" side, for the simple fact that I can always try to make life better if it becomes unbearable.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I do love my life, and I am very aware of how precious and fragile life can be. I greet every day with
a renewed energy and look forward to the whole day, and I don't miss a minute.

I also love and value my life even more when I think of relatives and close friends who are gone, and
did not have the chance to 'complete' their lives to 'old age'.

The older I become the more I realize that material things mean 'less and less', and I don't think about
money much any more. A roof over my head and a meal on the table and good health and family, that
is everything.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Do I love my live now or in the past? Simple question and yet difficult to answer. Before July 21st, 1991 at about 3 in the afternoon, I loved almost every part of my life. Sure there were parts I didn't love but hey, we all have those at some point in time...bad choices, etc. For the most part though, I loved life, loved running, loved most sports, had just gone white water rafting, was about to take up down hill skiing again, loved the outdoors, loved people...you get the idea.

But then my world came crashing down. Without going into detail, I was severely injured from head to toe. I ended up unconscious with my left leg bent at the knee the wrong way...up to my chest. I had to take three years off work and the doctors mostly thought I would never make it back to work. Even the brain aneurysm I now have, they feel may have been caused from back then since there were also very bad head injuries.

So, do I love my life now? Well, let's see. Because I couldn't walk for so long, I went from having a lovely figure to being grossly overweight, I have to walk with a cane, I am in constant pain and I take 25 pills a days with the possibilitity of soon having to take more. I'm not looking for pity, btw...hell, I feel sorry enough for myself without anyone else having to feel that way for me.

To be honest, I tolerate my life now. A lot of the time, I hate my life but there are times when I smile and actually like it. I feel sorry for my husband...he didn't bargain for this. I do so wish he could have seen me the way I used to be...when I was useful and could actually do things and when I was truly happy. In fact, I wish that all people who know me now could have known me then.

Please don't feel sorry for me though...obviously God had it in his plans for all of this to happen. Many, many students learned to be comfortable around disabled people on account of me. And when I was teaching, I rarely really felt the pain all that much. It just seemed to hit me when the last child would leave, whether that was at 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. I probably would never have met my hubby either, since my lifestyle would have been totally different.

Reactions: Outta here

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Daisey,
I admire your courage , there seems very little of it around these days for some have a hard time dealing with petty problems in their life. Stories like this always makes me re-evaluate mine.
Thank you for sharing Daisey...

Reactions: daisygirl

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Are you in love with your life or are you in love with your past? But life is never concerned with the past .
We are all a product of our past.
Life, like the swift-running water is always going forward and is never still and stagnant.
The past , no matter how rich and beautiful - 'was' and it will never "be again".
Are you in love with your life
Define "in love with".

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
China - I like what I am learning and have learned to do with my life - I am content and accept there will be more learning.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi Sal ,thanks for the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by china

We are all a product of our past.________________________________________

I see that you're an advocate for all .

Quote:
Define "in love with".

Obviously Sal you already have the answer to your own question ,so why bother .
If not ,then it is one of those things that you'll have to "think it out " yourself , no 'ready answers' in life.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

Curiosity ,thanks for the reply.

China - I like what I am learning and have learned to do with my life - I am content and accept there will be more learning.

Isn't it what it,s all about?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hi Sal ,thanks for the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by china

We are all a product of our past.________________________________________

I see that you're an advocate for all .

Quote:
Define "in love with".

Obviously Sal you already have the answer to your own question ,so why bother .
So why bother... why bother with what China?

As you can clearly see by the various answers in this thread, life is not like a swift-running water always going forward. Life is indeed concerned with the past.

If not ,then it is one of those things that you'll have to "think it out " yourself , no 'ready answers' in life
Indeed. This line says it all. Party on. I'll just take my exit.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Though not proud of some of the things I had to do in it, there's solace in knowing I'll never have to do them again. Do I love my life? My life is not my yesterdays. It's tomorrows yet to be ... and who couldn't love knowing there's something neat just up around the next bend....

Wolf