It's Our World

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I think that we should consider seriously at what is taking place in the world outside of us. Let us not look at it from Canadian , American or European point of view ,or from any other national interest , but observe what is actually going on in the world.The whole world is arming, spending incredible amounts of money to destroy human beings, whether they live in America, Europe, China or Russia, or here. It is taking a disastrous course, which cannot possibly be solved by politicians. We cannot rely on them nor on the scientists , they are helping to build up the military technology, competing each against another. Nor can we rely on the so called religions; they have become merely verbal, repetitive, absolutely without any meaning. They have become superstitions, following mere tradition, whether of five thousand years in a country that I'am living now or two thousand year In the rest of the world . So, we cannot rely on the politicians who are throughout the world seeking to maintain their position, their power, their status; nor can we rely on the scientists, who each year, or perhaps each week, are inventing new forms of destruction. Nor, can we look to any religion to solve this human chaos.
What can/should we do? Is the crisis intellectual, economic, or national, with all the poverty, confusion, anarchy, lawlessness, terrorism, and always the threat of a bomb in the street? Observing all that,... what is Our responsibility? Are we concerned with what is happening in the world? Or are we merely concerned with ourr own private salvation? Consider all this very seriously, so that you can observe objectively, what is taking place, not only outwardly, but also in your consciousness, in your thinking, in the way you live, in your actions. Don't be concerned with private personal salvation but be concerned, earnestly, seriously, with what the human mind has become, what humanity is facing.We should be concerned in looking at this world to see what a human being living in this world has to do,What is his role,
, do you care ?

Last edited:

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
Wonderful post, china...

I care. Many people care. Just, perhaps not enough. Does one go so far as to lose their job? Do they break the laws and thus face the authorities? Alienate themselves from people they love? Put their own life in danger? The lives of their family and friends? And even if one does care enough, their actions may not solve the problems, or there is always the chance a 'solution' makes things worse.

These are things to be considered when thinking about taking action...

On a side note, science and technology are, to me at least, neutral. One can kill with club or with phaser. That scientists might compete to build bigger bombs does not make science the problem... The problem is the bombs and the competing...

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
china,

What you looking at is "the human condition at play". Humans are still territorial, tribalistic creatures. All that has changed is the number of humans, and the ways which the humans use to establish/protect their tribes and territories.

The solution is not in humanity. Not at this stage any more than it was 10000 years ago. (time passes, humanity has stayed the same.)

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi humanbeing :
On a side note, science and technology are, to me at least, neutral. One can kill with club or with phaser. That scientists might compete to build bigger bombs does not make science the problem... The problem is the bombs and the competing...-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your observations.Truly on the outside of ourselfs ( technologicaly) we have evolved tremendously ,from making stone tools to sending man to the moon.Great.But ,have we evolved inside of ourself ,spiritualy ,pschologicaly ?...I don't hthink so .We are as primitive as we have always bin,fihting ,steeling ,lying, killing ,inventing god ,so we have an excuse to kill in its name .You are saying : These are things to be considered when thinking about taking action.".....what actions , more killings ?,..is there an answer ,and if there is ...where is it ?

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
the caracal kid
The solution is not in humanity---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know kid ,its in the Liberals.

Last edited:

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
But ,have we evolved inside of ourself ,spiritualy ,pschologicaly ?...I don't hthink so .
Agreed. When I look at people in general, I don't think so either.

You are saying : These are things to be considered when thinking about taking action.".....what actions , more killings ?,..is there an answer ,and if there is ...where is it ?

For many people, it just follows that when you take a look at our world, you probably think "something needs to be done", hence the bit on actions.

It is directed towards those who think they can change the world for the better... whoever they might be, and however they might attempt to do it: by killing, politics, protest, direct action, nonviolence, or whatever else.

I hardly know what the answer is, if there were one at this time, I am sure we would have found it already.

Last edited:

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
I will make another note that this part

Truly on the outside of ourselfs ( technologicaly)

will become less accurate as time passes, even if it remains correct at this time. That also means I might be wrong in saying technology is neutral, as it probably won't always be.

We will begin merging with our technology soon (it is arguable we are already starting to now).

Eventually, it will come to a point where we can change our very nature, whatever that may be.

Last edited:

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
It is important not to despair because of our world's present situation. Despairing will only make things worse...

Think global and act local is a good attitude I believe...

We all have the power to improve the world by working to improve our individual lives and by taking care of those we love. Being kind to strangers is already a very good way to spread seeds of change.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
s-lone
We all have the power to improve the world by working to improve our individual lives and by taking care of those we love. Being kind to strangers is already a very good way to spread seeds of change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------YES s-lone,how true ,and it all begins with our self.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
s-lone/China

Exactly - taking in the global picture is defeatist and accomplishes little.

We can only improve the space in which we move through life.

If the majority of people in our world did the same, there would be a vast improvement.

There will always be the detractors and takers - they have a purpose.

I haven't figured that purpose out yet. Unless it is to show us the "other" side of good choice.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Unless one knows himself ,there nothing that will ever make sense .

s-lone;
We can only improve the space in which we move through life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless one knows himself ,there nothing that will ever make sense .
To improve "the space", one has to know who he is ,and if he does that ,then he will see that he doesn't have to improve anything.

Last edited:

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Selfishness

Selfishness is the root. We could survive in or respective countries without the supplies from others. It just seems to the powers that be it is easier to take than to make. Regardless of cost, money, human lives. Etc.

It ties into all the reasons behind wars. Selfish about ones position, religion, wealth, is the key ingredient in jealousy. If you did not covet, (sorry to use a religious stylistic word, no affiliation, no malice.) your neighbor’s anything there would be no problem.

Solutions:

1) Remove selfishness, jealousy, greed and all the others would follow.
2) Every body go home, take care of the people who took care of you.
3) Once you and your family are set, help the next guy get set too.
4) Continue to pay it forward.

That would be all we could do in a thousand lifetimes. If we actual took the time to take care of the humanistic problem there would be no time for war. Industry would exist out of necessity and not the $.

Churches would actually have to do as they preach.
Show compassion
Show tolerance
Drop ignorance
Stop pointing the finger
Spread the wealth, I know Bill Gates is rich but have you ever seen some of the tax cases brought against so of these ministries. Billions of dollars.

Same for the Governments.
No contract padding
Responsible tax rates, and actually use the money for what it is billed for.

I live in the USA, I am in a state that collects road tolls and taxes. Yet my state is ruled #2 worst by Truckers and travelers because 78% of the money goes to unemployment. The unemployment tax that is taken out of my check goes to the welfare. The monies that are taken for the welfare goes into the pockets of the corrupt district politicians that over bill and pad their payroll hours. Let alone the erroneous expense report. Don’t even get me started on the public schools around here. WTF!

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble…….