What's the rationale behind cultural appropriation?


Machjo
+1
#1
I speak a language from France, one from England, one from China, and one from Poland.

I profess a religion from Iran and also believe in past religions from different lands too.

I used to cook vegan East Indian and now vegan cook Sichuan.

Does this make me an evil fascist swine pig cultural appropriator?

Am I still allowed to ride a bicycle or ski or snowshoe or kayak? What about the use of a computer?

How oh how shall I avoid the evils of cultural appropriation?

Should I go back to my 17th-century French roots to avoid this evil?

Yet even then they'd appropriated Latin words from the Romans already. Some Italians could take offence.

Maybe I could go back to France and live like an ancient Gaul?

Any ideas? I really wouldn't want to offend anyone by appropriating something of his.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I speak a language from France, one from England, one from China, and one from Poland.

I profess a religion from Iran and also believe in past religions from different lands too.

I used to cook vegan East Indian and now vegan cook Sichuan.

Does this make me an evil fascist swine pig cultural appropriator?

Yep.
 
Mowich
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
I'm going to start enlightening anyone wearing a kilt who can't prove they are Scot or Irish.

As far as the rationale............can't say as I see one. Now had you asked for a reason........I might say that it is simply someone with waaaaaaay too much time on their hands and little in their minds.
 
EagleSmack
#4
Dare thee question!
 
Mowich
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Dare thee question!

I dare..........I DARE!
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#6
I didn't appropriate my language from anyone. I inherited it from my ancestors.
 
taxslave
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I speak a language from France, one from England, one from China, and one from Poland.

I profess a religion from Iran and also believe in past religions from different lands too.

I used to cook vegan East Indian and now vegan cook Sichuan.

Does this make me an evil fascist swine pig cultural appropriator?

Am I still allowed to ride a bicycle or ski or snowshoe or kayak? What about the use of a computer?

How oh how shall I avoid the evils of cultural appropriation?

Should I go back to my 17th-century French roots to avoid this evil?

Yet even then they'd appropriated Latin words from the Romans already. Some Italians could take offence.

Maybe I could go back to France and live like an ancient Gaul?

Any ideas? I really wouldn't want to offend anyone by appropriating something of his.

As long as you are pro fossil fuels. Otherwise there is no skis, no kayak and no tires for the bike. Or roads to ride it on.
 
Johnnny
#8
This one night I got freaky. It was almost a year ago and I read the book "Zen of Archery" while listening to lynryd skynyrd. Don't tell a monk they might serve a white boy. Oh knows
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

This one night I got freaky. It was almost a year ago and I read the book "Zen of Archery" while listening to lynryd skynyrd. Don't tell a monk they might serve a white boy. Oh knows

That is pretty freaky. How long did it take you to recover?
 
Johnnny
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

That is pretty freaky. How long did it take you to recover?

It involved Greek literature and gangsta rap
 
Curious Cdn
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

It involved Greek literature and gangsta rap

... sounds like you were in a bath house, at the time.
 
Machjo
#12
Justin Trudeau does yoga. Shameless cultural appropriator he is!
 
Curious Cdn
-1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Justin Trudeau does yoga. Shameless cultural appropriator he is!

You mean the rich kid, silver spoon thing trying to pass himself off as a middle class dad?
 
darkbeaver
#14
The middle class, the bunch between you and nirvana, if we could steer them, we could rule.
 
Curious Cdn
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The middle class, the bunch between you and nirvana, if we could steer them, we could rule.

They attempted to when they brought out the Barbie doll.
 
darkbeaver
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

They attempted to when they brought out the Barbie doll.

Yes I ve heard rumours of the Barbie dioll stuff. god Destroy TV. Evreryone should now be seeing the sprouting o0f thier next ctycle. Halayoui yah!


Yes there are no spelling mistakes. Any anomolous signals were EMP relatated, not to you locally, onlly the subscriberfs, I can't say no more my supervisor is neaer, save us""""

I am th middle, you will bow or be crushed into shape, our numeres indicate an .25 bettter return, yes or noe it'w onoluy flesh and bone
Iv
e goocoed the statas. As soon as I flip theynhave sixty seconds ro respond, face irt , I own North America sensd yhe rentn r elkase.
 
personal touch
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I speak a language from France, one from England, one from China, and one from Poland.

I profess a religion from Iran and also believe in past religions from different lands too.

I used to cook vegan East Indian and now vegan cook Sichuan.

Does this make me an evil fascist swine pig cultural appropriator?

Am I still allowed to ride a bicycle or ski or snowshoe or kayak? What about the use of a computer?

How oh how shall I avoid the evils of cultural appropriation?

Should I go back to my 17th-century French roots to avoid this evil?

Yet even then they'd appropriated Latin words from the Romans already. Some Italians could take offence.

Maybe I could go back to France and live like an ancient Gaul?

Any ideas? I really wouldn't want to offend anyone by appropriating something of his.

I think you take yourself way too serious,"evil facist swine pig cultural appropriator",things aren't going to good for you when using language to describe what ever you are feeling,
you must think of yourself as you really are,reading about your capabilities and abilities,I see an individual who present's as having a deep thinking capacity,great self discipline,intelligent,privledged,and a few other great things,ths including a fasinating heritage,don't sweat all that negative thinking,be proud and in your case,just be boastful,I hope your days go better for you.
i would love to discuss cooking chit chat,if you are up to it.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Yes I ve heard rumours of the Barbie dioll stuff. god Destroy TV. Evreryone should now be seeing the sprouting o0f thier next ctycle. Halayoui yah!


Yes there are no spelling mistakes. Any anomolous signals were EMP relatated, not to you locally, onlly the subscriberfs, I can't say no more my supervisor is neaer, save us""""

I am th middle, you will bow or be crushed into shape, our numeres indicate an .25 bettter return, yes or noe it'w onoluy flesh and bone
Iv
e goocoed the statas. As soon as I flip theynhave sixty seconds ro respond, face irt , I own North America sensd yhe rentn r elkase.

hello friend,been looking for you,welcome back.
 
MHz
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

I'm going to start enlightening anyone wearing a kilt who can't prove they are Scot or Irish.

What if they die their pubes red?
With bablefish you can speak any language. An app that let you spell your text message (in you native language) would eliminate the universal ban on texting while in control of moving
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#19
And I asked myself. Why TF do I need to know about cultural appropriation? The answer is, I don't.
But still, I opened the thread and god help me, I looked.
Last edited by Retired_Can_Soldier; Mar 31st, 2016 at 12:57 AM..
 
Jinentonix
#20
Yeah, I don't do cultural appropriation. By the same token, I don't give a sh*t about it either. Saw an interesting commercial for the Atlanta Braves the other night though. 4 Black dudes doing Native drumming and doing that tomahawk chop and chant thing. Now, is that offensive or is it cool they do that because Black people didn't conquer the Natives?
Like, if you as a "race" had absolutely no part in the subjugation of another "race", is it cool if you "appropriate" part of their culture? Like Natives performing hip hop for example?
 
Curious Cdn
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

What if they die their pubes red?
With bablefish you can speak any language. An app that let you spell your text message (in you native language) would eliminate the universal ban on texting while in control of moving

Want to try an experiment in communications "noise"? Translate a reasonably complex English expression into Korean, then translate it back into English.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

And I asked myself. Why TF do I need to know about cultural appropriation? The answer is, I don't.
But still, I opened the thread and god help me, I looked.

"Nothing in there but trouble, boy!"
--Christian Slater, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
 
Johnnny
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

... sounds like you were in a bath house, at the time.

Last week I was partaking in the ancient game of "Go". I hope no Chinese reaapropiate my board because it took awhile to get my white buddy into the game.

When I play "Go" online I like to listen to lucinda williams, don't tell any Americans. Pretty please?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Last week I was partaking in the ancient game of "Go". I hope no Chinese reaapropiate my board because it took awhile to get my white buddy into the game.

When I play "Go" online I like to listen to lucinda williams, don't tell any Americans. Pretty please?

I think I'll disrupt the next lacrosse game I see, in the name of an Indian nation I'm not a member of.
 

Similar Threads

1
Appropriation Bills: Senator
by FiveParadox | Jul 3rd, 2010
1
China's New Cultural Revolution
by china | Oct 13th, 2009
26
Cultural Reform
by Andem | Aug 27th, 2002
no new posts