"Richard Dawkins Apologizes ...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and this is the "atheist's" "high priest". This is the "man" that is constantly quoted to support their arguments against "God".

MellencampFan

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2015
Niagara Peninsula
So, you agree with him. They should be killed.

Definitely not, but I worry that society and the corporations may want to screw any disabled people. no help, no benefits but if you don't have a family or yours is not well off, it's on the street to suffer. As I've said before I have shelter and basic needs benefits at the moment because of autism spectrum disorder, I am a college graduate and have applied for help with finding a job. Of course not downs, but I have a perceptive on this from a person with a disability. There's also misunderstanding, over expectation or under expectation, seems some people cannot just encourage a person and support them in what they want, either it's "oh you can't ever do this" or "just get a job already!". It's mainly stupidity and ignorance responsible for that though.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Definitely not, but I worry that society and the corporations may want to screw any disabled people. no help, no benefits but if you don't have a family or yours is not well off, it's on the street to suffer. As I've said before I have shelter and basic needs benefits at the moment because of autism spectrum disorder, I am a college graduate and have applied for help with finding a job. Of course not downs, but I have a perceptive on this from a person with a disability. There's also misunderstanding, over expectation or under expectation, seems some people cannot just encourage a person and support them in what they want, either it's "oh you can't ever do this" or "just get a job already!". It's mainly stupidity and ignorance responsible for that though.

You stated that Dawkins was right. Sounds to me like you are now back tracking. Dawkins stated that downs syndrome babies should be killed.

Now, concerning your "autism". What kind of autism and what degree do you have from "college"?

MellencampFan

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2015
Niagara Peninsula
You stated that Dawkins was right. Sounds to me like you are now back tracking. Dawkins stated that downs syndrome babies should be killed.

Now, concerning your "autism". What kind of autism and what degree do you have from "college"?

I do not believe abortion is murder, I am pro-choice. So he didn't say they should be killed.

About my autism , I'm on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, and the spectrum is wide as hell. I'm on the Asperger's Syndrome side and that within itself is a spectrum as well. On the lowest side is ret's syndrome which mainly affects girls and I believe there is a life expectancy with that too, very horrible. In the middle is what's known as "classic autism". Those are the big three, the following chart is not in functioning order, but includes all of the spectrum disorders.

College wise, I have a GeneraL Arts and Science degree , Ontario College Certificate. When I pick a career I will probably be going back to college as I will probably need it, though with my learning issues attached with me, I have to take a much reduced course load to be successful, as I have found out.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Even worse than fighting over God is the belief by some they can play God
and decide who should live because they may have an illness.
Yes I am pro choice but choice has to rest with the mother she is not immoral
for deciding her child should live. Mr Dawkins is a prime example for allowing
abortion retroactively

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I do not believe abortion is murder, I am pro-choice. So he didn't say they should be killed.

About my autism , I'm on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, and the spectrum is wide as hell. I'm on the Asperger's Syndrome side and that within itself is a spectrum as well. On the lowest side is ret's syndrome which mainly affects girls and I believe there is a life expectancy with that too, very horrible. In the middle is what's known as "classic autism". Those are the big three, the following chart is not in functioning order, but includes all of the spectrum disorders.

So, if they manage to come up with a test for Autism, Aspergers, you would have no problem with those babies being terminated.

College wise, I have a GeneraL Arts and Science degree , Ontario College Certificate. When I pick a career I will probably be going back to college as I will probably need it, though with my learning issues attached with me, I have to take a much reduced course load to be successful, as I have found out

and who paid for this "degree"?