"Richard Dawkins Apologizes ...

petros
+1
#91
Sweet dreams...I hope you don't dream of someone slicing you to pieces when you thought you were in a caring, loving state of being a human.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Sweet dreams...I hope you don't dream of someone slicing you to pieces when you thought you were in a caring, loving state of being a human.

Sounds kinda fun.
 
Motar
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

... for causing storm with Down's syndrome tweet"

"Previously Dawkins caused controversy on Twitter when he said the world's Muslims had won fewer Nobel Prizes than Trinity College Cambridge." Richard Dawkins apologises for causing storm with Down's syndrome tweet | Science | The Guardian (external - login to view)
 
Ludlow
+1
#94
I would pay as much attention to Dawkins as I would Hagee or Hinn.
 
Glacier
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"Previously Dawkins caused controversy on Twitter when he said the world's Muslims had won fewer Nobel Prizes than Trinity College Cambridge." Richard Dawkins apologises for causing storm with Down's syndrome tweet | Science | The Guardian (external - login to view)

I can see why Dawkins can take heat over his opinion on aborting Down's syndrome, but to state a fact about Nobel prizes is a fact, not an opinion. Unfortunately, under Sharia Law it is wrong to say anything negative about Islam even if it is 100% true. Shame on Dawkins for not being Sharia compliant.

Dawkins stated a fact, but he did not explain why this is the case. The reason lies not with Muslims, but with the doctrine of Islam. Bill Warner explains why Muslims don't often win Nobel prizes in this video here:

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvQwXtTwNvWXc

 
bluebyrd35
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

... for causing storm with Down's syndrome tweet"

"Author told woman on Twitter it would be immoral not to abort pregnancy if she knew baby had Down's syndrome"

Richard Dawkins apologises for causing storm with Down's syndrome tweet | Science | The Guardian (external - login to view)

I notice Dawkins apologizes only for causing the storm re aborting those fetuses with Down's syndrome, not for his stance re abortion of defective human material.

The bible recognizes, the first breath is what makes a baby out of a fetus or embryo. Mostly the body itself rejects the defective products of conception. If there is an aware universal entity about, it appears IT is also fallible.
 
Ludlow
#97
I thought Dawkins was the greatest slam dunker of his time especially when he disintegrated that glass backboard . Chocolate thunder I think they called him pretty good center for the sixers. Oh wait that was Daryl Dawkins. Never mind
 
Motar
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

I notice Dawkins apologizes only for causing the storm re aborting those fetuses with Down's syndrome, not for his stance re abortion of defective human material.

The bible recognizes, the first breath is what makes a baby out of a fetus or embryo. Mostly the body itself rejects the defective products of conception. If there is an aware universal entity about, it appears IT is also fallible.

Defect, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, BB. I would be interested in taking a look at that Bible reference you cite.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by MellencampFanView Post

He's right while there are people with downs that do thrive, many have just part-time jobs and have benifits, etc.

Economics should never be a factor in life and death.
 
Corduroy
#100
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
 
bluebyrd35
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

Defect, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, BB. I would be interested in taking a look at that Bible reference you cite.

There is one missing but I cannot find it at the moment....


What the Bible says about Abortion

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23
The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6
Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.
Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16
God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)
Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14
Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

We have come a long way beyond what the "LORD:" orders these days and there are very few that believe killing a child under 5 should go unpunished BUT the biblical law does not hold abortion as a crime. If one believes in a merciful loving God, then one must go with the belief that such a Deity, is foreseeing and knows when a fetus or embryo is destined to miscarriage or abortion and that fetus or embryo is not ensouled.

So these days it must be the wishes of the woman who will donate 9 months for the use of her body, and if the baby is not put up for adoption, the the 18 to 25 years she must give to raising that fetus. The sperm donor in my opinion, should have no say.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Aug 11th, 2015 at 02:34 PM..
 
#juan
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Don't know, but he surely can run his mouth.

Bull****!

Richard Dawkins is someone worth listening to:

Richard Dawkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins (external - login to view)
Clinton Richard Dawkins /ˈdɔːkɨnz/, FRS, FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is an English ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and writer. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford, and was the University of Oxford's Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Bull****!

Richard Dawkins is someone worth listening to:

Richard Dawkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins (external - login to view)
Clinton Richard Dawkins /ˈdɔːkɨnz/, FRS, FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is an English ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and writer. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford, and was the University of Oxford's Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008.

So, your claim is that he can't run his mouth?

Here's a newsflash for you, juan. Not everything a perfesser says is necessarily a gold-plated pearl of wisdom.
 
selfsame
#104
Are you here a group or party of this Dawkins or his fan?
 
#juan
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

So, your claim is that he can't run his mouth?

Here's a newsflash for you, juan. Not everything a perfesser says is necessarily a gold-plated pearl of wisdom.

For God's sake Tb read some of his books.......Hell, read one of his books.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

For God's sake Tb read some of his books.......Hell, read one of his books.

I have. He's a straight Benthamite utilitarian, with all the problems of that school.

Like Marx, he's good at diagnosing. Not so good at treating.

But feel free to abort any Down's Syndrome foeti you have control over.

Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

Are you here a group or party of this Dawkins or his fan?

Gonna blow your mind here, son.

Some are, some aren't.

We do that here, and in the U.S. and Canada generally. We let people have different views without murdering their children.
 
JLM
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Economics should never be a factor in life and death.

You're right, it never should, but in reality it's a fact of life and will become more & more so.
 
#juan
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I have. He's a straight Benthamite utilitarian, with all the problems of that school.

Like Marx, he's good at diagnosing. Not so good at treating.
.

Like Marx???

You have no idea what you are talking about.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Like Marx???

Quoting out of context? Very skilled.

Dismissed, junior.
 

Similar Threads

14
34
Richard Dawkins on Religion
by Scott Free | Nov 22nd, 2008
no new posts