Teacher Tells Kids Tooth Fairy Not Real, Principle Apologizes

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The mother says her 9-year old daughter, a fourth-grader at Copper Hill Elementary School, shared the news of the tooth fairy with her family on April 15 while watching a television program on fairies at home.

A health teacher apparently told the class the tooth fairy is really their parents, believing the students are "old enough to know this."

The daughter told her mom, "because the teachers tell the truth, it had to be true," the mother said.

Mom said she discussed the remark with friends and shared it on social media, and the teacher's comment wasn't appreciated.

The mom said she also met with school Vice Principal Vanessa Ahmed, and was told the remark came up during a discussion about beliefs, with the tooth fairy being an example.

"The vice principal said she got quite a few calls from parents about the comment," the mother said. "I felt the school should know" because she felt her daughter "would tell other kids that are younger."

She said Ahmed apologized.

Then the girl's mother and father talked with their daughter and her sister about the tooth fairy and beliefs.

Now the mom wonders if her daughters will believe other things she and her husband say, if a teacher contradicts them.

School officials in the Flemington-Raritan School District, to which Copper Hill Elementary School belongs, did not return repeated calls for comment.

more

Tooth fairy isn't real, N.J. mom says teacher told class | NJ.com

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm kind of shocked actually that a 9 year old would still believe in the tooth fairy

by then shouldn't they be hip to the idea of mum and daddy

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
believing in the tooth fairy at age 9 is a bit long in the tooth.

being told the tooth at age 9 can be painful.

;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Better tells them the stork isn't where babies come from or 3-4 years later....
that's what I mean...they usually begin teaching stork stuff early...wtf?

the problem is once it comes from a teacher they might share it with younger ones as opposed to learning it from parents with a wink wink nudge nudge you are now in the adult crowd but remember, your baby brother isn't he still believes

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I'm amazed the Principle felt he had to apologize.

I wonder what the parents will do when the kids start questioning other fairy tales...........

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe the parents didn't know either?
yeah that wouldn't surprise me either

I'm amazed the Principle felt he had to apologize.

I wonder what the parents will do when the kids start questioning other fairy tales...........
principals have to apologize for everything...even when it isn't the fault of the school...their job is 80% public relations maybe more actually

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I believe strongly in lying to children so that children learn early to not trust authority.
yeah, look at the positive, less likely to be shot by a cop, less likely for them to falsely testify about hair fiber being yours at the crime scene when it was actually pet hair

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Better tells them the stork isn't where babies come from or 3-4 years later....

And angels and devils are myths as well.

But, trolls are real.

Mind you,
“Whoever causes one of these little ones to lose faith in faeries, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. " Mark 9:42

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And angels and devils are myths as well.

But, trolls are real.

Mind you,
“Whoever causes one of these little ones to lose faith in faeries, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. " Mark 9:42

I'm glad you grew up, made a decision and no longer believe in the tooth faerie.

Do you have kids? Try and immerse them in this world with zero fantasy. That would be a very trollish thing to do.