Pagan Version of a Sauna Kills Kamloops Woman

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
WTF is wrong with people...........

Kamloops, B.C. woman Heather Arlene Carr, who died after setting a fire in a local park, was participating in a pagan ritual that went wrong, according to her husband.

Carr, 40, got trapped in a rock structure which was on fire in Riverside Park in the early morning hours of March 31.

Initially it was believed Carr had attempted suicide. Coroner Barb McClintock said in a statement that Kamloops firefighters were able to rescue her from the fire alive.

"Preliminary indications are that Ms. Carr had set the blaze and then ended up in it accidentally," she said.

Carr was transported to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops but succumbed to her injuries several hours later.

Carr started a Facebook page, Being Pagan Out of the Broom Closet, last year. This Monday, her husband Stephen Carr posted a message announcing Carr's death.

"Heather passed away yesterday from severe burns suffered in a ritual gone horrifically wrong."

Fire chief Les Noel said Carr was stuck among large boulders in an artistic rock garden in the park when firefighters got there.

A passerby had tried to put out the fire with a bucket of water from a nearby river, but when emergency crews arrived, they found Carr with severe burns, still partially trapped inside the rock structure.

Noel said firefighters had to create an opening in the base of the structure in order to extract her.

Three firefighters were also taken to hospital for observation because of smoke and dry chemical inhalation they suffered in extinguishing the fire.

Pagan fire ritual gone wrong killed Kamloops woman, says husband - British Columbia - CBC News

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I know a few pagans, but I have no idea what this woman was trying to do. We may never find out but I know someone will be by to tell us how dangerous paganism is and should be banned, eventually.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's funny Cliffy, because I was just thinking now they'll take apart that rock structure because it's evil.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
While they're at it they should dismantle all bridges and high rise buildings, dull all knives and bubble wrap cars....oh hell, the list is too long, we should all just remain in our homes. :roll:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
While they're at it they should dismantle all bridges and high rise buildings, dull all knives and bubble wrap cars....oh hell, the list is too long, we should all just remain in our homes. :roll:

Ladders are the silent killers... I can't believe you deliberately left those out of the list.

You must be part of the ladder-lobby

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Sound like a Sweat Lodge Ceremony. I think there was some new age guru in the States who ended up killing a few of his adherents in one of these.. from extreme heat prostration.

Caveat Emptor.. buyer beware of new age (pagan) gimmicks.. especially when there is profit involved as the motivating 'spirituality'. You'll end up boiling your brain in its own juices.. or burning to death when your 'temple' catches fire.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sound like a Sweat Lodge Ceremony. I think there was some new age guru in the States who ended up killing a few of his adherents in one of these.. from extreme heat prostration.

Caveat Emptor.. buyer beware of new age (pagan) gimmicks.. especially when there is profit involved as the motivating 'spirituality'. You'll end up boiling your brain in its own juices.. or burning to death when your 'temple' catches fire.
It was not a sweat lodge by any stretch of the imagination. But yes some people died in a sweat lodge, I believe it was in Kamloops a few years ago. The problem there was that a plastic tarp was used over the lodge and people suffocated. And yes, anybody who charges money for any ceremony is a charlatan. Buyer beware.