Canadian Mail Man Complains About Religiously Offensive Mail

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Megan Whitfield, Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) Toronto local president, said a number of workers have raised objections to a newspaper Canada Post has been paid to distribute in the Beaches-East York area.

Your Ward News, produced as a community flyer by the New Constitution Party of Canada, slams a number of municipal, provincial and federal politicians by using profanity in some instances and calls former prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau a “Neo-Nazi fascist, anti-Semite and Quebec separatist.”

One temporary worker, who is Jewish, saw the flyer and refused to deliver it, saying it offended him on religious grounds, Whitfield said Wednesday.

Canada Post workers claim Toronto flyer is ‘hate mail’ | Metro

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Megan Whitfield, Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) Toronto local president, said a number of workers have raised objections to a newspaper Canada Post has been paid to distribute in the Beaches-East York area.

Your Ward News, produced as a community flyer by the New Constitution Party of Canada, slams a number of municipal, provincial and federal politicians by using profanity in some instances and calls former prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau a “Neo-Nazi fascist, anti-Semite and Quebec separatist.”

One temporary worker, who is Jewish, saw the flyer and refused to deliver it, saying it offended him on religious grounds, Whitfield said Wednesday.

Canada Post workers claim Toronto flyer is ‘hate mail’ | Metro

They aren't supposed to read the mail, they are supposed to deliver it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Your Ward News, produced as a community flyer by the New Constitution Party of Canada, slams a number of municipal, provincial and federal politicians by using profanity in some instances and calls former prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau a “Neo-Nazi fascist, anti-Semite and Quebec separatist.

Truth hurts.. ;)

Pierre Elliott Trudeau liked the Communists at the time, he apparently believed Hitler wasn't that bad.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau, led a Communist delegation at Moscow in 1952. Québécois, calling for a Communist state of Quebec.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Two choices:

Deliver the damn mail

or

Resign

If it was a private organization that was delivering mail privately, then I can see the objection. But not when we are talking about Canada Post.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Imagine the world we might be living in depending on who is delivering the mail
Pork on sale, offended. An add from the love shop, Political mail, Women's lib
material, something with a condom ad in it. information about lotto tickets.
any religious material.
It would be like trying to 100% obey the Workers Compensation board nothing would
move

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounda, Except maybe politicks."

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Anyone, including employees, can read a flyer which the OP says this was

Mailmen have been called letter carriers for about 20 or so years.

All I know is what I read on CC

not much good info re: this OP.

Sounds like bullsh!t.

just sayin.

"They aren't supposed to read the mail, they are supposed to deliver it."

OH fuk, might have known. the zealot speaketh.
"

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Anyone, including employees, can read a flyer which the OP says this was

Mailmen have been called letter carriers for about 20 or so years.

All I know is what I read on CC

not much good info re: this OP.

Sounds like bullsh!t.

just sayin.

"They aren't supposed to read the mail, they are supposed to deliver it."

OH fuk, might have known. the zealot speaketh.
"

God, you're an idiot.

The flier that was complained about, was extremely critical of P.E.T., someone that I have clearly stated that I supported AND voted for. Yet, I am not supporting the man who refused or complained about delivering it.

It is his job to deliver the mail. It is NOT his job to decide what does and does not get delivered. If he can't or won't do his job, then he finds another job.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
God, you're an idiot.

The flier that was complained about, was extremely critical of P.E.T., someone that I have clearly stated that I supported AND voted for. Yet, I am not supporting the man who refused or complained about delivering it.

It is his job to deliver the mail. It is NOT his job to decide what does and does not get delivered. If he can't or won't do his job, then he finds another job.

Stop calling God an idiot. You'll lose your zealot card and get drummed out of the altar boys union.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yes and no. CP has rules and policies in place as far as what can and cannot be delivered. Have you read them all?

If it had got to the letter carrier, it is safe to assume it had passed all those rules and policies. After all, they were taking payment to deliver said flyer.