Reality is in the eye of the beholder

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
From the 1st page of my book but now I see"

Preface
Slamming into the boundaries of reality had fast become a way of life for him. He could not see any way he might return to a “normal” life. Then again he didn’t see any point in it either. His former life smacked of mediocrity; a slow, futile slide toward oblivion - oblivion of mind, body and spirit. Most people he knew, even the best and the brightest, could only hope to push the envelope of reality a little. They had no idea of the potential for creativity and wonder outside the box of status quo thinking. Very few, if any, knew they were stuck in a lie so grand and so old that the origins of it had been lost for hundreds, possibly thousands, of generations.
Those who knew anything at all were not willing to risk their lives by openly stating that the life we have been living is an illusion created by lunatics. To expose the secrets so closely guarded from the masses for many millennium would bring down the wrath not only of the deluders but of the deluded as well.
Those in control did not want us to know the truth of our existence, although, by this time this information was becoming widely available. The veil of deception had grown so thick and putrid the controllers had little to fear of universal exposure both of their identity or the truth. (In fact, what they thought they knew was only a shadow of what was once known by their ancient predecessors. They had succumbed to the darkness and stench of their own closely guarded secrets, which rotted in their souls like filet mignon and caviar in their constipated colons.)
Most people had been kept in the dark for so long that if someone were to attempt to wake them from their slumber they would probably turn on them and burn, crucify, stone or hang them (or possibly all four) as a heretic. After all, isn’t our history strewn with the corpses of messiahs and prophets?

The novel follows the adventures of a man who goes off in search of himself and the truth behind the veil of lies. I realize that I am presenting a view that is going to be, not only hard to swallow for most, but will garner ridicule from the usual suspects, but hopefully, some will find it thought provoking.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

From the 1st page of my book but now I see"

Preface
Slamming into the boundaries of reality had fast become a way of life for him. He could not see any way he might return to a “normal” life. Then again he didn’t see any point in it either. His former life smacked of mediocrity; a slow, futile slide toward oblivion - oblivion of mind, body and spirit. Most people he knew, even the best and the brightest, could only hope to push the envelope of reality a little. They had no idea of the potential for creativity and wonder outside the box of status quo thinking. Very few, if any, knew they were stuck in a lie so grand and so old that the origins of it had been lost for hundreds, possibly thousands, of generations.
Those who knew anything at all were not willing to risk their lives by openly stating that the life we have been living is an illusion created by lunatics. To expose the secrets so closely guarded from the masses for many millennium would bring down the wrath not only of the deluders but of the deluded as well.
Those in control did not want us to know the truth of our existence, although, by this time this information was becoming widely available. The veil of deception had grown so thick and putrid the controllers had little to fear of universal exposure both of their identity or the truth. (In fact, what they thought they knew was only a shadow of what was once known by their ancient predecessors. They had succumbed to the darkness and stench of their own closely guarded secrets, which rotted in their souls like filet mignon and caviar in their constipated colons.)
Most people had been kept in the dark for so long that if someone were to attempt to wake them from their slumber they would probably turn on them and burn, crucify, stone or hang them (or possibly all four) as a heretic. After all, isn’t our history strewn with the corpses of messiahs and prophets?

The novel follows the adventures of a man who goes off in search of himself and the truth behind the veil of lies. I realize that I am presenting a view that is going to be, not only hard to swallow for most, but will garner ridicule from the usual suspects, but hopefully, some will find it thought provoking.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ignorance of the truth is what breeds superstition, prejudice, mob justice and most importantly fear. Fear is the corner stone of the lie. In all its manifestations fear is what has imprisoned humanity and condemned it to death. The lie is so pervasive that even the prison guards themselves don’t even know they are not free. Everyone is so accustomed to the prison walls that those walls have become invisible, the same way the mind eventually blocks out continuous background noise or, if one should live in a pulp mill town, the constant, disgusting smell which permeates the air. (Actually, I cannot tell if the mind turns off the stench in self-defense or if the poisonous chemicals kill the olfactory nerves.)
The truth has been so closely guarded because those who play the control game - political, religious or economic - love fear. They feed on it. It makes the masses so pliable and easy to manipulate. That is why the media supplies mostly stories of murder and mayhem - a daily fix of paranoia to keep the population quaking in their closets. It’s good politics.
A universal uprising is very unlikely. Even if people should rise up against those who keep them in the dark who would they go after. Anonymity has its rewards after all. I am not, of course, referring to our visible leaders. They are just as confused as the rest of the population because they are working with the same set of handicaps. (Unfortunately for them, they are always offered up as the scapegoats to any insurrection - which makes one wonder what drives politicians to play the game in the first place.) No, I am referring to those who control from the cloistered enclaves of their ivory towers. Even heads of state are ignorant of their identity.
Those who were beginning to suspect there was more to reality than we were being led to believe - as well as those who knew for sure - were not about to organize anything more than a picnic. What would be the point? The truth needs no support or defense. They do not need validation in numbers or to stand up and shout about it. They have a deep and peaceful knowing that life is unfolding as it should.