Jesus' Papyrus a Plaything?!?

Percarus

Apr 21, 2013
Perth - Australia
I create this thread in order to attain further thought, evidence, and debate on a thread started on a different philosophy forum @ Jesus' wife (papyrus not a modern forgery)

I cannot conceive the above papyrus scroll being anything other than a simple creative writing exercise by some apprentice scriber of some sort. I would love to know exactly where this scroll was found itself (in a casing, or whatever, surroundings?) and to hear genuine opinions about your (the reader) individual belief on the matter.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Personally, I have a difficult time looking at anything in an historical sense and eliminating the probability of "hearsay". You just cannot really know unless of course you happen to own a time machine.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I create this thread in order to attain further thought, evidence, and debate on a thread started on a different philosophy forum @ Jesus' wife (papyrus not a modern forgery)

I cannot conceive the above papyrus scroll being anything other than a simple creative writing exercise by some apprentice scriber of some sort. I would love to know exactly where this scroll was found itself (in a casing, or whatever, surroundings?) and to hear genuine opinions about your (the reader) individual belief on the matter.
Google is your friend

https://www.google.ca/#q=jesus+papyrus+wife
About 446,000 results (0.35 seconds)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Of course the church would cry fake. It would put Jesus' divinity, which the church invented, into question.He was a man surrounded by women. Why would he not marry? The church would have too much to lose if they admitted to Jesus' humanity.

Percarus

Apr 21, 2013
Perth - Australia
Of course the church would cry fake. It would put Jesus' divinity, which the church invented, into question.He was a man surrounded by women. Why would he not marry? The church would have too much to lose if they admitted to Jesus' humanity.
Cliffy, did you read the thread link on a different philosophy forum? Jesus was born with a lot of pressure as being raised from birth with the messiah mentality. A falling star, a virgin birth, three wise kings, and a good religious education coming from a middle upper class carpenter family one would presume. Jesus knew he had to die someday, this as a 'pure' soul. With so much pressure to be next to godliness it seems more likely that he shunned any sexual advances made towards him. I do believe Jesus was a virgin and this has nothing to do with the church trying to hide the truth. The truth is the papyrus script was definitely a 'plaything' dated from the 4th-8th century AD. Various things do not add up in the finding of this fragment of papyrus. Jesus paid the price with his life in order to fulfil an age long prophecy as may have first started with the Egyptian book of the dead, if not the Torah.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Any contemporary of Jesus would have written in Aramaic or Hebrew. Since this script is Greek or possibly an early form of Latin it cannot be authentic.