Non-consenting adults

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
A couple I know have been married decades. She now has Alzheimer's and is in a wheelchair. He attends her 24/7, feeding, cleaning and dressing her. She is completely incapable of communication but is alert and her eyes will follow your movement when talking to her. I sometimes wonder if he has sex with her if that would be considered rape since in Canada there is precedent of being charged with rape if your wife has not given consent to having sex.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I believe consent is implied through rite of marriage

even if it's rather anachronistic of me to think so.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
A couple I know have been married decades. She now has Alzheimer's and is in a wheelchair. He attends her 24/7, feeding, cleaning and dressing her. She is completely incapable of communication but is alert and her eyes will follow your movement when talking to her. I sometimes wonder if he has sex with her if that would be considered rape since in Canada there is precedent of being charged with rape if your wife has not given consent to having sex.

What I find very "creepy", to say the least, is that you have "wondered" about their sex life.

No, that is not true, a wife can still say no and it would be rape if she said no.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
And I thought I had weird curiosities.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I would more likely wonder why he would want to have sex with someone who is incapable of communication.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I would more likely wonder why he would want to have sex with someone who is incapable of communication.

I've bedded some women that it was best that they did not chatter.
Really good looking but well...... enuff said.
I am sure women have had the same experience with some men.
Not with me though.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I've bedded some women that it was best that they did not chatter.
Really good looking but well...... enuff said.
I am sure women have had the same experience with some men.
Not with me though.
Blind ladies don't count.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Its possible to have an orgasm from rape. Physical stimulation in itself can do it. Hell, Ive read its possible for women to have an orgasm while giving birth.

Spousal rape is still rape. It is surprising that it was legal for so long though.

Percarus

Apr 21, 2013
Perth - Australia
Well, if she had Alzheimer's I suppose she would not remember being raped on the first place. Personally I see something wrong with sex with someone that doesn't remember the incident and it sounds both immoral and unethical. I guess the real factor here for consensual sex would arrive from mutual talks between the incumbents in better times as they were worsening. Maybe the lady gave consent for the man to have external-marital sex, or maybe sex does not matter anymore for these incumbents. It is indeed disturbing someone would think of this topic but it is a fair call. The man obviously loved her and I doubt he would do anything to hurt her emotionally - this as he goes through so much effort to feed, cleanse and care for her.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

deaf dumb and inherited a liquor store.

communication enough

That's kinda sick Wally. I know, gimme a red.

"blink once for Ok

..........still kinda sick, wally.

Not likely to be charged is she is "incapable of communication"

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Its possible to have an orgasm from rape. Physical stimulation in itself can do it. Hell, Ive read its possible for women to have an orgasm while giving birth.

Spousal rape is still rape. It is surprising that it was legal for so long though.
Wifey informed me one time that it's possible for women to orgasm just exercising or sitting, crossing her legs, and bobbing a foot up and down.