Our two worlds, spiritual and material

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The problem with western civilization is that we do separate the two aspects of our whole. It is part and parcel to the duality taught by our theologians. There really is no duality. Good/evil, god/devil, them and us, are all just concepts of the mind. They have no basis in reality. Most aboriginal people of the world never separated any aspect of their lives from another. All was a continuum, a complete whole. Life was prayer. They did not set one day a week apart for god. Every day was dedicated to the divine within all things.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Having been successful in dividing man from nature they then wallowed in the spoils and continue to enjoy the stupidity of the masses.
Cliffy,repent, they have got you saying that ideas (concepts) are not real where you know full well that an idea survives the flesh. So which is realer, meat and bones or concepts (ideas)?

OUR TWO WORLDS, SPIRITUAL AND MATERIAL

Sections 2 and 3 have been added to "Futile Confrontations" at:

atheist

Comments will be appreciated, Thank you in advance,

Ludwik

If I were marking your essay, and in fact I am, I'm afraid I have to give you a C- and that is because I like you. I disagree with the idea of two worlds for man mainly because becoming fully human is the harmonious fusion of spirit and matter. Man is spiritualzed matter. This fusion might be call conception.

http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm
One of the deep principles of the Buddha’s system was that "right knowledge" must come to save the individual from pitiable suffering arising from ignorance. If, as he averred, it is a fundamental truth that ignorance is the cause of sorrow, then knowledge is its antidote. And all the great religions of antiquity make this assertion. Says Hermes: "The vice of a soul is ignorance; the virtue of a soul is knowledge." The Book of Proverbs in the Bible enjoins at length the prime necessity of getting wisdom, understanding, knowledge. Its preciousness is set above "all the things that thou canst desire." It is glorified as an ornament of grace and a crown of life unto its possessor. In this document it is not placed second to Love or Christly Charity. By an invincible dialectic Plato and Socrates work out in dialogue after dialogue the proposition that one cannot be good until one knows what the good thing is, and even what it is good for. According to Rhys Davids in his Hibbert Lectures of 1881 on The Origin and Growth of Religions: Buddhism (p. 208), "it is not by chance that the foundation of the higher life, the gate to the heaven that is to be reached on earth, is placed, not in emotion, not in feeling, but in knowledge, in the victory over delusions. The

So you see it was never about faith, it was always about knowledge, logic, reason, religion was the first science, and a very powerful science at that, too powerful to be left in the hands of the underclasses. What we have today is more properly religionism.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Having been successful in dividing man from nature they then wallowed in the spoils and continue to enjoy the stupidity of the masses.
Cliffy,repent, they have got you saying that ideas (concepts) are not real where you know full well that an idea survives the flesh. So which is realer, meat and bones or concepts (ideas)?
We are materialized spirit, materialized by concept and ruled by merchants of false concepts and lies.