New Immigrant

NewToCA

Mar 9, 2007
I am a new to Windsor. I don't yet have my work permit. Does anyone know of any under the table jobs which I can work until my wprk permit is approved?

You can email at: new.to.ca@hotmail.com

Thanks

NewToCA

Mar 9, 2007
Why? Because I want to do something productive instead of sitting on my ass all day long?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Why? Because I want to do something productive instead of sitting on my ass all day long?
No. That isn't what I mean. Well, just based on other threads, there might not be support for the idea of people working under the table...but, maybe I'm not giving fellow posters enough credit...I dunno.

Where are you from? How do you like Canada so far? How is the process coming to get a work permit?

NewToCA

Mar 9, 2007
I am originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but have lived all over the US. I am looking forward to my time here in CA.

All I have to say about the permanant resident / work visa process is that it's way too much paperwork. :)

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I am originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but have lived all over the US. I am looking forward to my time here in CA.

All I have to say about the permanant resident / work visa process is that it's way too much paperwork. :)
Well...that sounds like burocracy (sp?). Do you have an estimated time when you might get the visa? I do hear it is a lengthy process.

You sound like a well travelled person....I'm VERY envious. I love to travel and like the idea of living in a good variety of cities in the future. Welcome to Canada...hope you will enjoy it. Windsor is a decent area...that's great. As far as work, I mean, with spring and summer coming, people always need help getting their yards ready...plus, in southern ontario, there are so many orchards and farms and help is needed there.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Try farm work. Migrant worker stuff. More work available in spring planting and fall harvest. Door to door sales can get cash paid daily. Got a set of wheels. Try delivery work, junk removal and such.