Vote bans cops from taking part in Pride parade

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
So they will take the power back for the community by baning police from the parade while on the otherhand they will take the free policing that the cops give to the parade?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Soooooo........next time the idiots in charge of the parade get attacked or robbed or whatever, I suggest they call Black Lives Matter.

Does being progressive make you stupid, or are only stupid people progressives?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Soooooo........next time the idiots in charge of the parade get attacked or robbed or whatever, I suggest they call Black Lives Matter.

Does being progressive make you stupid, or are only stupid people progressives?
Just another way of saying "if you don't fully support the police in everything they do, you have no right to police protection."

Foolish reductio ad absurdam. You're usually better than this.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Just another way of saying "if you don't fully support the police in everything they do, you have no right to police protection."

Foolish reductio ad absurdam. You're usually better than this.
Yeah, it's got nothing to do with a new group that has SFA to do with Pride deciding who can take part in Pride. It's obvious these stupid c*cksuckers from OBLM don't want the police around so why should the cops put themselves out for them if/when they are needed? But this part is particularly galling.
But asked after the vote whether Pride Toronto still welcomes the free police security offered to the yearly parade and other events, board co-chair Alica Hall told me “of course.”
The fact that police in Toronto take part in the Pride parade is part of a long healing process between Toronto police and the gay community. Then a bunch of sh*t-f*ck thugs who think Canada is the same as the United States decided that the police shouldn't be allowed to take part anymore. Who the f*ck are these goofs to say who can and can't take part in a f*cking parade? Nah, they don't give a sh*t about the healing process. As long as the police are responsible for what is the smallest percentage of Black deaths, no one else should be allowed to get along with them.
The police also let a lot of stuff go during Pride. Public intoxication, public nudity, illegal parking, etc etc. I'll be curious to see how much of that they let slide from now on.

Remember, this is a group of whiny f*cks who basically held last years Pride event hostage until they got their way. How f*cking sad is it that nobody is allowed to hold an event anymore without OBLM deciding it's all about them! And Pride sure isn't the only event that OBLM tried to make all about them.

Chisholm said she was particularly incensed with the Toronto police for recently targeting gay men having sex in Etobicoke’s Marie Curtis park.

She said gay men are “families too” and their use of the public space is as legitimate as anyone else’s.
Uhhh, Sweetheart? Anyone else caught having sex in the park is going to get busted for it. I had no idea that f*cking in a park was a legitimate use of a park.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
So, a parade that is supposed to be inclusive has decided to exclude anyone who happens to be a police officer.

I would say that, since they aren't inclusive, Toronto Pride shouldn't get any government support. The government shouldn't be supporting people who discriminate.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The thing is an absolute embarrassment. Toronto is so desperate to see itself accorded the label of 'World Class City' that they have aspired to become the Sodomy Capital of the World.. by expanding the grotesque spectacle into a Pride 'Festival' and made itself a laughing stock, and an object of disgust and derision instead. ugh!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
people who don't want to be discriminated against
should not discriminate against others

funny how that works eh?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
People do things when the are pissed off,particularly when there is assumption of division or people can't on people to do the right thing,
In time partnerships will be built or I hope so
Thank god this is spam
Never read the article

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I would welcome the cops to participate,I would place them between the rambunctious sexy drag Queen line up,I am sure fun Would be haddock,
Makes me want to go
Alienating the Cops way too easy
Politically I loved searching out the hidden
The far reaching perspective
I love CHON radio

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Apple fisk melons, doused liberally with brank, tastes just like chicken. But I have my doubts about the quantity of flour.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The thing is an absolute embarrassment. Toronto is so desperate to see itself accorded the label of 'World Class City' that they have aspired to become the Sodomy Capital of the World.. by expanding the grotesque spectacle into a Pride 'Festival' and made itself a laughing stock, and an object of disgust and derision instead. ugh!

Maybe you could organize a straight-pride parade. Just be aware that I won't be participating because about the most public display of affection you'll see from me would be holding hands. I don't display any more affection than that in public.