Queen’s University looking into reports of costume party where white students dressed

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Queen’s University looking into reports of costume party where white students dressed as sheiks, guerrillas and monks
The Canadian Press
First posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 08:23 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:38 PM EST
KINGSTON, Ont. — An Ontario university says it is looking into reports of a costume party attended by undergraduates that has been condemned by student leaders because of racial stereotypes.
A statement from Queen’s University principal Daniel Woolf posted on the school’s website says it appears Saturday’s party took place off the university’s campus in Kingston, Ont.
Woolf says that such a party would never be sanctioned by the university’s senior administration.

The Alma Mater Society, a student government at the school, says the party was inappropriate and is an act that makes students feel uncomfortable.

Photographs circulating on social media show students, most of them white, dressed as Middle Eastern sheiks, Viet Cong guerrillas and Buddhist monks.

Woolf says the matter is being taken seriously by the university.
“Queen’s strives to be a diverse and inclusive community free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any event that degrades, mocks, or marginalizes a group or groups of people is completely unacceptable,” Woolf said in the statement.
“If we determine that this was a Queen’s sponsored or sanctioned event, we will take appropriate action.”
The student government says it will use the party as an opportunity to talk about race and racism at the school.
“These events undermine Queen’s ability to provide a welcoming and respectful campus environment,” said Carolyn Thompson, vice president of university affairs with the Alma Mater Society, in a statement.

Photographs circulating on social media show Queen's University students, most of them white, dressed as Middle Eastern sheiks, pictured above, Viet Cong guerrillas and Buddhist monks at a off-campus party. (Twitter)
Queen’s University looking into reports of costume party where white students dr

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Is this really a big issue? Maybe the university should start worrying about more important things than students harmlessly dressing up for a fancy dress party. It really is ridiculous.

The liberals are really confused on this matter: one minute they tell us that the burka shouldn't be banned "because women should be able to wear whatever the hell they want", and then the next minute they are getting their Freetrade mung bean coffees in a froth because a group of students are dressing up in fancy dress at a fancy dress party.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It was an off-campus, non official party.

What have we gotten to, when a University can investigate what students do off-campus in their free time that has nothing to do with the school.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Unfortunately for them, the Canadians haven't got a Farage or a Trump, because it looks like they need one.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Unfortunately for them, the Canadians haven't got a Farage or a Trump, because it looks like they need one.

Just watch the next swing of the pendulum.....
The next government in Canada will have to be a Conservative to fix the the Fúck ups of the Liberals starting with Ontario then going to federal in three years......

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
stugent 'leaders' triggered beyond all get out.

cuckification. très sad.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just watch the next swing of the pendulum.....
The next government in Canada will have to be a Conservative to fix the the Fúck ups of the Liberals starting with Ontario then going to federal in three years......

That's usually the job of Conservative governments - to clean up the mess of the previous liberal administration.

It's the same in the UK, where Conservative governments - like the current one - have to clean up the mess made by the previous Labour government.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It was an off-campus, non official party.

What have we gotten to, when a University can investigate what students do off-campus in their free time that has nothing to do with the school.
What have we gotten to? A time and place where the neo-liberals have gone full retard.
Surely you remember the news article about another Canadian university that cancelled free yoga classes for people with physical disabilities because Whitey practicing yoga was considered to be "cultural appropriation".

Or the bimbo in Toronto who shut down a private party she wasn't even invited to because she found the "Cowboys and Indians" theme to be offensive to her idiotic, White-guilt nonsensibilities.

This crap at Queens however is just nazism. "We're going to investigate the non-illegal activities of some of our students at a private, off-campus function because, as a University these students PAID to attend, we reserve the right to judge their non-illegal activities carried out on their own, personal time and off campus".

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Thats why you dont post stuff on facebook.
If it's not illegal, it shouldn't matter. But getting fired from your job or facing discipline from a university simply because you don't agree with them cramming their political ideology down your throat should be illegal. Especially when they're trying to cram that ideology down your throat on YOUR time.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
If it's not illegal, it shouldn't matter. But getting fired from your job or facing discipline from a university simply because you don't agree with them cramming their political ideology down your throat should be illegal. Especially when they're trying to cram that ideology down your throat on YOUR time.

Your 100% right and i agree but to be honest even the littlest thing now can trigger anyone, illegal or not.

Thats why i got rid of facebook, here is a personal example.

When i was in Iraq i posted a pic of myself with an AK47 dressed as Santa Claus sitting on a donkey. I put a caption saying, "Hunting Taliban"

The response from Canada was mostly, "OMFG you racist, insensitive *******,etc etc"

The response in Iraq from the Muslims was, "Take a picture with me, here is free food, etc etc" I even told them my Taliban remarks and they loved it. Hell when i went in small towns EVERYONE wanted to meet me, lol.

Thats when i began realising that Facebook had to go and that Canada needs help.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
At least they were diversified.

People need to take a pill and leave our young people alone.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I am offended that immigrants come here and dress like White western Men. They should dress in their own garb.

I am also offended that Women often dress like White Western men.

As a great Western White Man, why does everybody want to always offend me??

Let's see, there must be other things these people offend me with??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Let's see, there must be other things these people offend me with??
I'm offended by skin whitening cream for women being the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world.

Why do they want to be white?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I'm offended by skin whitening cream for women being the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world.

Why do they want to be white?
Don't you know?? Everybody wants to be White.

White is the color of greatness!!

Ever wonder why E Indians alway buy so much milk??

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I am also offended that Women often dress like White Western men.

Ya mean with the tight jeans, the Italian tablecloth checkerboard shirt, the big, silver belt buckle and the ten gallon hat?

They got achy, breaky hearts!

...or maybe, they're gay males.