CUPE taking Wynne to task....

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Selling Hydro is one of the few things where the Dyke-bitch is doing the right thing, but the problem is that only 60% is being sold, the whole thing should be sold; gubmint should not be in any business.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I agree that government cannot be run like a business.

However, I also think that utilities such as power and water must be owned by government.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Power isn't a necessity. Cavemen had no power. Don't tell the forum cavemen they need power. That's cultural genocide.
In today's modern society, power is a necessity. Cavemen still had fire for heat, light and cooking. I don't think our forests would last long with 7 billion people suddenly resorting to using wood for heat and cooking.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This just in, Conservatives now support government control of corporations.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In today's modern society, power is a necessity. Cavemen still had fire for heat, light and cooking. I don't think our forests would last long with 7 billion people suddenly resorting to using wood for heat and cooking.

The free hand of the market will sort that out.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk
I have the power

and I am handy and handsome too

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Government should be run like a business and not be involved in any business.

Government could never be an effective business. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. There is no inter-departmental communication and they're run like individual fiefdoms. Now, if they'd invest in some memo pads and pencils, and lose their too-big egos....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. There is no inter-departmental communication and they're run like individual fiefdoms. Now, if they'd invest in some memo pads and pencils, and lose their too-big egos....

That sounds exactly like how many businesses operate.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Fire is energy....

That sounds exactly like how many businesses operate.
They don't change directors and directions every few years

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Government could never be an effective business. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Excellent point. The government should be run on the principles of the Sermon on the Mount.

Matthew: 6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Of course, Jesus was pro-business. When he speaks of reward he means profit. Jesus died for our overhead costs and the Lord will pay dividends in Heaven.