City of Toronto worker berates police in expletive-laden tirade

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
City of Toronto worker berates police in expletive-laden tirade
by News Staff
Posted Sep 13, 2016 5:19 pm EDT
Last Updated Sep 13, 2016 at 7:44 pm EDT
A video posted on social media shows a City of Toronto employee berating police officers in an expletive-laden tirade.
The incident happened in a plaza near Lawrence Avenue East and the Don Valley Parkway in the Parkwoods neighbourhood.
The video, which was posted in August by the employee himself, shows the man parked illegally in a wheelchair accessible spot. He recorded the video as officers were trying to ticket him.
“What? I got to show you my uniform for you to f**k off?” the man asked.
The man continued to berate and swear at the officers. The incident lasted for about 10 minutes.
Warning: Graphic language in the video below.
“It’s very unfortunate,” said Jim McKay, general manager of Solid Waste Management Services, who confirmed to CityNews the man works for the City of Toronto.
“We hold our employees to the highest level of integrity and behaviour, and that is not demonstrated in this video by any means. So, it is disappointing to see that type of behaviour.”
McKay said the man was “not at work” on Tuesday.
“He had finished his shift (at the time of the incident), but certainly chose to identify himself as a City employee,” McKay said. “And if you’re going to identify yourself as a City employee, you need to act like one — and he did not.”
The City of Toronto is investigating.
“It’s unfortunate that the gentleman who’s captured this image was so upset by what our police officers were doing,” said Toronto police superintendent Randy Carter. “But our police officers were doing what the general public expects they will do.”
Carter said the officers tried to do their best to de-escalate the situation.
“They did exactly what we want (them), as the police service, to do. We want to not be personally affected,” he said.
“We want to do our best to make sure we don’t engage or aggravate the situation, which is exactly what they did.”
City of Toronto worker berates police in expletive-laden tirade - CityNews
CityNews CFTR - Main Video Gallery player - GRCN Redesign 2015

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The cops have a union too, and a gang mentality, just like every other government sector has these days, it seems.

But the OP is a good example of the sense of entitlement those types of employments and unions give some of their more simple members

Oh well, lets see what kind of pensions they all get in a few years...
once their higher brothers up the food chain get through with raping the system

In case you weren't aware, the union's job is to protect their members.
yeah
protect from abuse not protect them for abuse
that is the problem with unions, ESPECIALLY public sector ones

Out in the islands you should see the ont Hydro abuses of the "hot luch" clause.
They fly the effers in, they get there at 10:30.
Lunch is at 12:00, and because they are now entitled to a HOT lunch, the chopper takes them back to town, and then they show up again at about 2:30, work till about 3:30, pack up and get back to town by 4:30.

then they sell all their stolen copper, and hydro brass, at the local scrap dealer for beer money

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Protect him from being UNFAIRLY fired. The union WON'T protect him from being fired for proper reasons, with the proper procedures being followed.
That's the function of a union.

in theory ( and I support the theory), But in reality that gets so abused
I prefer NOW to work for employers who treat me better then a union would, and I damn sure give them their monies worth, and some issues never rear their ugly heads