Wynnetarios Economy Growing Fastest of G7

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
First quarter results for 2016 show the Ontario economy growing at an annualized rate of three per cent, the highest in Canada and all G7 countries.

Premier Kathleen Wynne said Ontario's real gross domestic product grew 0.8 per cent in January to March, following similar growth in the fourth quarter of 2015.

Ontario's first-quarter gains were driven by higher exports and increased household spending, added Wynne.

Wynne also said the Liberal government is confident the growing economy will allow it to eliminate a $5.7-billion deficit in fiscal 2017-18, as promised.

However, the New Democrats said the Ontario economy wasn't quite as rosy a picture as the Liberals are painting, and warned the government plans to eliminate the deficit by slashing health-care services

"Their promise is to balance the books by overcrowding our hospitals, firing thousands of health-care workers, and creating a $3-billion backlog in critical repairs to hospitals,'' said NDP finance critic Catherine Fife.

The story behind their numbers shows that ... the number of people working in temporary jobs, without benefits or even sick days, has increased more than twelve times faster than people with stable, permanent jobs."

Economy Is Kicking Canada's *** Right Now

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm not a math genius but when you owe that much it's very hard to understand why she would be so happy. It may be the fastest growing but we all know where it's going. Ontarioians can do without healthcare untill the debt is satisfied, a few more decades can make a difference.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If I planted a seed in June of 2002 and grew a tree that now only grows 2% a year and Wynne planted a seed in June of 2016 that grows at 3 % per year, which tree will bear more fruit this fall?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'm not a math genius but when you owe that much it's very hard to understand why she would be so happy. It may be the fastest growing but we all know where it's going. Ontarioians can do without healthcare untill the debt is satisfied, a few more decades can make a difference.

Doesn't have to be healthcare... Might be things like setting up 1000s charging stations to service 30 or 40 electric cars.