8 year old Ottawa girl desperately needs liver transplant

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
On their Facebook page dedicated to helping Gianna, the family provides a checklist for potential donors, noting, among other matters, that she has Type O blood, and that a compatible donor must have also have Type O blood, either positive or negative.

There are also links on the Facebook page — it can be found by searching “Gianna-Lynn needs a liver transplant” — for Toronto General Hospital’s live donor program that provide information and a manual for anyone considering becoming a donor candidate.

The family asks that any would-be donor download and fill out the required form and fax it to Toronto General Hospital’s Living Donor Assessment Office at 416-340-4317. Applications can also be mailed.

Eight-year-old Ottawa-area girl desperately needs liver transplant | Ottawa & Re

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
On their Facebook page dedicated to helping Gianna, the family provides a checklist for potential donors, noting, among other matters, that she has Type O blood, and that a compatible donor must have also have Type O blood, either positive or negative.

There are also links on the Facebook page — it can be found by searching “Gianna-Lynn needs a liver transplant” — for Toronto General Hospital’s live donor program that provide information and a manual for anyone considering becoming a donor candidate.

The family asks that any would-be donor download and fill out the required form and fax it to Toronto General Hospital’s Living Donor Assessment Office at 416-340-4317. Applications can also be mailed.

Eight-year-old Ottawa-area girl desperately needs liver transplant | Ottawa & Re

How sad, sure hope one is found in time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You could donate a portion of yours... just say'in..

She wouldn't want mine, been pickled by alcohol.

Mine too & I'm getting a little long the tooth. I was on a registry years ago for whatever it is leukemia patients need and they did check on me for a couple of years, but once I passed age 60 they seem to have lost interest in me. Might have been bone marrow - can't remember now!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Unfortunately Type O blood is quite rare. Not sure why they don't care if it is + or -. I would have thought that would have to match as well.