Ottawa man gets arm stuck in meat grinder

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ottawa man gets arm stuck in meat grinder
By Doug Hempstead, Ottawa Sun First posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 04:38 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, April 16, 2015 04:48 PM EDT
OTTAWA — A 33-year-old man will likely lose his right hand after it was caught in a meat grinder Thursday afternoon, paramedics say.
It happened after 1 p.m. at a restaurant in the south end.
Paramedic spokesman JP Trottier said the industrial machine is used to prepare ground meat for burgers and sausages.
“He got his hand stuck and the machine pulled it in,” Trottier said.
When paramedics and firefighters arrived, the man was trapped up to his lower forearm.
Firefighters partially dismantled the machine so the man could be taken to hospital. Trottier said part of the machine was still attached to him for the ride.
He said the man was conscious and standing throughout the extrication procedure. Because he was on his feet, paramedics were unable to give him heavy doses of painkiller.
“There was massive blood loss,” Trottier said.
The man was listed in serious condition in hospital. Trottier said he expects doctors won’t be able to save his hand.
Ottawa man gets arm stuck in meat grinder | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
I guess that puts an end to the daily grind. :shock: ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Did you hear about the butcher who backed into the meat grinder and got a
little behind in his orders?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ewwww. 8O

Ok then, that decides it, was waffling on what to have for dinner but now I'm going with ribs. No chance that it'll be anything other than the meat actually stuck to the bones. Lol.

This just in from Ottawa!

Ottawa Man gets his ribs caught in a meat saw

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
LMAO. Well, if it's "just in" then the ribs for sale at the local grocery store should be all pig. ;)

Hey SLM

Welcome to Terminus... come on... I'll fix you a plate.