Mississauga family speaks out after coyote kills their pet dog

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Happens all the time and there is nothing that can be done.

A woman who lives a block from me in downtown Vancouver took her dog for a walk after work about 01:00 hrs and was set upon by a pack of Coyotes/barely escaped mauling.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How about we bring back the bounty, tell citiots that move to the country to STFU, and just hunt them back to a reasonable population.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Happens all the time and there is nothing that can be done.

A woman who lives a block from me in downtown Vancouver took her dog for a walk after work about 01:00 hrs and was set upon by a pack of Coyotes/barely escaped mauling.

If citiots were not so squeamish the government could put a bounty on them and let kids use their 22s for something useful and get paid for it.

Rats are everywhere in that city.

Those are ecoterorists. Rats are much more use to society.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The dog was a Yorkie....a bloody lap dog. I think you have to keep those dogs in the house. Hell, the rats might kill a Yorkie Everyone hates to lose a pet but helpless little dogs like the Yorkie and other toy dogs have to be protected.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The dog was a Yorkie....a bloody lap dog. I think you have to keep those dogs in the house. Hell, the rats might kill a Yorkie Everyone hates to lose a pet but helpless little dogs like the Yorkie and other toy dogs have to be protected.

That's a really sad thing for the Family in the O.P. & I feel for them, but here's
a different perspective....and a weird one coming from someone who, in part
of the package of having the girlfriend move in, was having her Pug move in to.

Modern domestic dogs descended from wolves I believe. Trapped in the body of
a Pug or a Yorkie or some kind'a purse-dog.....is still the mind of a wolf, and I think
that's cruel. breeding dogs into something Paris Hilton can cart around as a fashion
accessory is just wrong. A dog needs to be more (physically) than a fashion accessory.

Take a Pug, and google what it was just a 150yrs ago, and it was still a dog that could
defend itself and its human. Selective breeding turned it into a sickly thing with respiratory
issues that can't defend itself, and still has that wolf mind, and that must really mess with
it mentally to. It's just a really sad thing, and via selective breeding, we should try to breed
that breed (& any breed of dog ending with '-doodle') back into something that can defend
itself even if it's only for the individual dogs mental health.

Would you believe that the modern Pug was once know (before we screwed them into
what they currently are) as a Dutch Mastiff?

I know this won't be a popular stance but it's what I believe. I love dogs. Even this little Pug
that's a part of our home, but it doesn't change the fact that we've really screwed up in
creating Chihauhau's and such, and need to breed them back into dogs that are functional
for their own well being. Seriously, take a wolf, and give it a Chihauhau's body, and tell me
that it won't have mental issues between its instincts and capabilities?

A Coyote would think twice before try'n to make the dog below (or the person
walking it, or the child in the picture with the dog) a meal. The dog below could
defend its pack (including the child) from a predator, be it a two or four legged
predator.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not much for Rats in this hood-many more Mice-and who the hell is going to go around killing the Mice on every vacant lot/backyard?

On the farm, the pit-bulls (different ones over time) eat more mice
than all the barn cats combined I'm assuming. How about that.
Ecologically sustainable green pit-bulls.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well said.
An older sister who lived in Seatle used to have a half dozen Chihauhaus. She just couldn't bear to let the puppies go. At the time my wife and I had a large German Shepherd. Visits to see my sister were a nightmare. It is only by the grace of God that our shepherd didn't kill a couple of them just to stop the continuous yapping.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
People should be thankful Chihuahuas aren't large dogs.

Perhaps after "investigating" the clowns in charge should kill some coyotes.

Petros; I beg to differ. A .22LR mushroom will kill a coyote. If one was going to hunt them, then a .270 would be better...of course.
I had a sporterized .303 Enfield, and it would definitely kill them.,,,,,,,in spades.
Traded it for a shotgun.
Sold the shotgun.
Then all I had was money.
Not worth a sh!t at 100 yds.