Man accused of trying to blow up hotel lobby in Niagara Falls, Ont.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man accused of trying to blow up hotel lobby in Niagara Falls, Ont.
QMI Agency
First posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 03:29 PM EST | Updated: Thursday, November 13, 2014 05:40 PM EST
NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. — A 43-year-old man has been charged after a makeshift bomb ignited but didn’t explode in a hotel lobby Wednesday, police say.
Emergency crews were called to the Courtside Inn around 6:30 p.m. after a guest lit a glass jar filled with liquid and debris before running back to his room, police said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire before it spread to other areas of the hotel.
“There’s minor damage in the office area and there were no injuries,” Staff Sgt. Budd Rung of the regional police said.
The suspect was arrested in his room. Police said the room had a strong odour of gasoline.
“With all the fuel, it did have the potential to get out of hand,” chief of fire prevention Brian Dickson said.
Jason Saunders, 43, of Niagara Falls is charged with mischief endangering life, arson, possession of incendiary material, using explosives with the intent to do bodily harm and threats.
Man accused of trying to blow up hotel lobby in Niagara Falls, Ont. | Ontario |

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've been to Niagra Falls. The guy should get a medal for his efforts, and be punished for failing.

Da' fuq did you say? The Honeymoon Capital of the world? Are you implying tackiness?

LOL.

Niagra is gorgeous, you just have to venture outside of the "tourist" areas. Might I suggest a lovely winery tour against the backdrop of the escarpment?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe T-Bones was talking about the US side of a falls.. a real dump.

Horseshoe falls are gorgeous but the 'downtown tourist core' is rather like Vegas and the travelling circus reproduced, lol.

Still, nothing beats the countryside in that area.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Da' fuq did you say? The Honeymoon Capital of the world? Are you implying tackiness?

LOL.

Niagra is gorgeous, you just have to venture outside of the "tourist" areas. Might I suggest a lovely winery tour against the backdrop of the escarpment?
Love to run up to Niagra on the Lake, stay in a room above the Irish Harp Pub, spend my days on winery tours or just walking around, and catch plays (preferably at the Royal George) in the evenings. Best part is you can do all that without ever once catching sight of Niagra Falls.