Cat dies after being thrown from 5th-floor balcony

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Cat dies after being thrown from 5th-floor balcony
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 12:38 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 01, 2014 12:44 AM EDT
NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. -- A woman faces several charges when a cat died after being thrown from a fifth-floor apartment.
Niagara Regional Police went to an apartment building in the downtown core of the city July 24 in response to a report of a disturbance.
Police discovered that a dispute was between two female residents of the building over a male tenant.
Police said one woman entered the second woman's apartment and threw her cat off the fifth-floor balcony.
The Niagara Falls Humane Society was called to the building and attempted to save the cat, but it later died of its injuries.
Charged with break and enter, and killing an animal is Marilyn Mitton, 63, of Niagara Falls.
Cat dies after being thrown from 5th-floor balcony | Ontario | News | Toronto Su

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The problem is not landing on it's feet. The problem is broken bones and internal injuries.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
My mother had a cat that jumped from the 8th floor balcony of an apartment building after diving for a passing bird. The cat survived after extensive and expensive surgery. My mom loved that cat.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
My mother had a cat that jumped from the 8th floor balcony of an apartment building after diving for a passing bird. The cat survived after extensive and expensive surgery. My mom loved that cat.

Some guy I know said one of his jumped from the 7th floor and only broke one leg. I was survived an animal that small could survive that kind of fall at all.

As for this story - wtf. Thats a really weird thing to do even if its after a break in.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What a waste. If you kill something, you should eat it. I think she should be forced to eat it no matter what condition it is in. A little BBQ sauce might help it go down easier.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Never let road kill go to waste huh?

Nothing wrong with roadkill if it's fresh. It's much healthier than the meat you get from the butchers nowadays. I watched a documentary a few years ago about some guy who lives off roadkill. He just drives around lonely country lanes just looking for a dead squirrel or a dead badger or whatever.