Driver that struck teen suing dead boy's family

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
By Tracy McLaughlin ,Special to QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 09:50 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, April 25, 2014 08:00 PM EDT
Still in the throws of agony from losing their son in a vehicle crash, the parents of young Brandon Majewski are now reeling after they learned the woman who struck and killed him is suing their dead child.
“I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach – I’m over the edge,” the dead boy’s father Derek Majewski said.
As he sits in his immaculate Alcona home, sifting through piles of photographs of his son. The heartache shows on his face and he can hardly contain his tears as he speaks.

Driver that struck teen suing dead boy's family | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 09:50 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, April 25, 2014 08:00 PM EDT
Still in the throws of agony from losing their son in a vehicle crash, the parents of young Brandon Majewski are now reeling after they learned the woman who struck and killed him is suing their dead child.
“I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach – I’m over the edge,” the dead boy’s father Derek Majewski said.
As he sits in his immaculate Alcona home, sifting through piles of photographs of his son. The heartache shows on his face and he can hardly contain his tears as he speaks.

Driver that struck teen suing dead boy's family | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto

What a blankety blank BITCH! They don't come any more hard hearted than that!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I hope they toss the suit out. How is suing the dead boy doing anyone any good?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Witness haunted by tragic bike accident
First posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 07:33 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, April 27, 2014 03:33 PM EDT
A woman who held Brandon Majewski’s hand in his last dying seconds after he was struck and killed by an SUV says she will never forget that night.
“It’s not a memory I will ever forget,” said Melanie Lachance, 36, a school teacher who works in Vaughan.
Brandon, 17, and his two friends were out riding their bikes on the dark stretch of Big Bay Point Rd. after 1 a.m Oct. 28, 2012. Brandon’s friend was seriously injured while another sustained only scratches. Police say they were riding side-by-side on the road.
Lachance remembers pulling over and seeing the red glint of bicycle reflectors from the busted bicycles in the ditch. She spotted one boy moaning in the ditch and her husband rushed to him. Another boy was panicked but unharmed, she said.
Then she spotted Brandon, laying in the middle of the road.
Witness haunted by tragic bike accident | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I think i'm going sue her for annoying my morning with this lawsuit.
She is causing me grief and her little dog too!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Love is not the adjective I would use. I think he/she lives up to what we all think of lawyers and why we think that.
I know. Don't you just hate the way 99% of lawyers ruin the reputation of the rest of us?

I think i'm going sue her for annoying my morning with this lawsuit.
She is causing me grief and her little dog too!
I may take your case. Just let me run a quick credit check. . .

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So this family has lost two children within months and the brother's death an over dose likely due to his brother's death.

A witness at the scene who held Brandon's hand as he died said the driver's husband and the driver were allowed to leave the scene while witnesses were not. This is quite convoluted.

The driver's husband is a cop and he has placed a separate law suit because his wife is suffering and it has messed up his world too.

She says she recalls the driver’s “husband” suddenly appeared frantic at the side of the road and asked her their location so he could call police. She told him and he walked back to his wife’s vehicle.

“Then he was gone,” Lachance said. “I never saw him again.”

Alone, she attempted CPR but someone else with more expertise arrived and took over.

One thing continues to trouble her, she said, is why she and other witnesses were forced to remain at the scene for hours, until 5:30 a.m., as police conducted their investigation, while the driver of the vehicle and her husband were allowed to go home.

“That never sat right with us,” Lachance said. “It was very troubling … we always wondered why.”

The lawyer representing Brandon’s family who is now being sued by the driver is also looking for answers.

“Some things about the case aren’t making sense right now,” says Barrie lawyer Brian Cameron. “We are looking for answers so this family can find some peace.”

Brandon’s family remains confounded over why the woman who struck and killed him believes she is the one who should be financially compensated for killing their son.

Brandon’s estate, and his two friends, are all being sued by the driver, Sharlene Simon, formerly of Innisfil, for $1.35 million for emotional trauma she says she has suffered.

Even more confusing Cameron said, is the fact that the woman’s husband, Jules Simon, a York Regional Police officer, is also suing for $100,000 for damages and expenses incurred because of his wife’s suffering.

Mind blowing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So this family has lost two children within months and the brother's death an over dose likely due to his brother's death.

A witness at the scene who held Brandon's hand as he died said the driver's husband and the driver were allowed to leave the scene while witnesses were not. This is quite convoluted.

The driver's husband is a cop and he has placed a separate law suit because his wife is suffering and it has messed up his world too.

Mind blowing.
Certainly the fact he was a cop does not look good. And a separate lawsuit? He is a real d-i-c-k as well. At least they have each other. I hope they spend a fortune on lawyer fees and have it thrown out and have to pay for the victim's lawyer fees as well.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Certainly the fact he was a cop does not look good. And a separate lawsuit? He is a real d-i-c-k as well. At least they have each other. I hope they spend a fortune on lawyer fees and have it thrown out and have to pay for the victim's lawyer fees as well.
that would be an excellent return for their attempt to harm

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Aside from the fact that this family being sued is complete BS. What would draw you to the conclusion that the other child's overdose had anything to do with the first child's death?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Aside from the fact that this family being sued is complete BS. What would draw you to the conclusion that the other child's overdose had anything to do with the first child's death?
the father said so

it was a mix of alcohol and pills, the whole family is having trouble coping understandably...the dad found him dead in his bed and he was only 23, by the time he found him, there was no bringing him back ....it is beyond tragic

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

From the article in the OP...

"And then, six months after the funeral, he awoke to find his second son Devon, 23, who had just graduated as a paralegal, laying in his bed, blue and dead, after popping too many pills and drinking too many shots. Not an intended suicide, they are certain — he was just trying to stifle his grief."

I hope that not only do they lose but have the countersuit successful to the tune of a few million plus expenses. I also hope there is an investigation into how a cop and his wife who just ran over 3 people were allowed to leave and the possibility one or both of them may have been intoxicated and given special treatment because he was a cop. Failing all that I hope one dark night somebody just walks up and kicks her hard in the c*nt with a pointy boot a couple of times!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
From the article in the OP...

"And then, six months after the funeral, he awoke to find his second son Devon, 23, who had just graduated as a paralegal, laying in his bed, blue and dead, after popping too many pills and drinking too many shots. Not an intended suicide, they are certain — he was just trying to stifle his grief."

I hope that not only do they lose but have the countersuit successful to the tune of a few million plus expenses. I also hope there is an investigation into how a cop and his wife who just ran over 3 people were allowed to leave and the possibility one or both of them may have been intoxicated and given special treatment because he was a cop. Failing all that I hope one dark night somebody just walks up and kicks her hard in the c*nt with a pointy boot a couple of times!
contemplating this due to the fact that he too is suing, I am wondering if he is abusive and has pressured this...

just a thought