Family struggles five years after Tori Stafford went missing

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
By Randy Richmond ,The London Free Press
First posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 07:00 AM EDT
LONDON, Ont. -- Five years after their beloved tomboy princess went missing, the family of Victoria "Tori" Stafford still struggles with the pain and the prospect of another trial.
But they're also showing signs of growing strength in their personal lives and remain strong in a conviction to keep alive the memory of the slain Woodstock, Ont., school girl, as well as the lessons of her disappearance.
"People keep asking us if we're ever going to be able to forgive them (the killers), because we're not going to move on until they're forgiven," Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, said.
"I just can't see it happening. Ever. How do you forgive two people who destroyed your life on a whim?"
On April 8, 2009, Tori -- a spunky eight-year-old, who loved dresses and makeup as much as mucking about outdoors -- disappeared while walking home from her school in Woodstock.

Family struggles five years after Tori Stafford went missing | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
By Randy Richmond ,The London Free Press
First posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 07:00 AM EDT
LONDON, Ont. -- Five years after their beloved tomboy princess went missing, the family of Victoria "Tori" Stafford still struggles with the pain and the prospect of another trial.
But they're also showing signs of growing strength in their personal lives and remain strong in a conviction to keep alive the memory of the slain Woodstock, Ont., school girl, as well as the lessons of her disappearance.
"People keep asking us if we're ever going to be able to forgive them (the killers), because we're not going to move on until they're forgiven," Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, said.
"I just can't see it happening. Ever. How do you forgive two people who destroyed your life on a whim?"
On April 8, 2009, Tori -- a spunky eight-year-old, who loved dresses and makeup as much as mucking about outdoors -- disappeared while walking home from her school in Woodstock.

Family struggles five years after Tori Stafford went missing | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

I'd be hard pressed to think it would be otherwise, the loss of a precious child is something one never gets over! That is why I advocate the death penalty for these monsters!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I can't see the parents ever NOT struggling with it. I mean, their little child was brutally murdered, that is the worst thing possible to have happen.

Honestly, if this had happened to my child I would never forgive them either.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can't see the parents ever NOT struggling with it. I mean, their little child was brutally murdered, that is the worst thing possible to have happen.

Honestly, if this had happened to my child I would never forgive them either.

People who do that are garbage, we just had one gut wrenching case wrapped up here in B.C. today, thank God the verdict was first degree after 21/2 years of doubt. The poor mother and father are just destroyed!