60 days in jail for 'gruesome' raccoon killings

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
60 days in jail for 'gruesome' raccoon killings
By Tony Spears ,Ottawa Sun First posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 09:53 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:17 PM EST
A man who skewered a mother raccoon and killed a baby raccoon mewling nearby pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges Tuesday.
Gregory Armstrong, 49, was charged after the mother raccoon was caught in a humane trap in June. There was nothing humane about what happened next: Ottawa Humane Society investigators found the mother raccoon spitted on a barbecue rotisserie rod.
A baby raccoon, found nearby, had been bashed to death with a hammer.

60 days in jail for 'gruesome' raccoon killings | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This doesn't sound any different from how our cattle are offed. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't support untrained slaughter of animals, but, 'gruesome'? I've read about gruesome animal killings, and this doesn't even register on the mentally disturbed scale. It's not like he could shoot them like any farmer would (which, btw, isn't a pleasant end either).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Raccoons, first you get them hooked on scotch mints, then you swap the mints out for peppermint schnapps...guess what, no more raccoons around your house.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This doesn't sound any different from how our cattle are offed. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't support untrained slaughter of animals, but, 'gruesome'? I've read about gruesome animal killings, and this doesn't even register on the mentally disturbed scale. It's not like he could shoot them like any farmer would (which, btw, isn't a pleasant end either).

The hammer I can actually see, it's bloody and not pretty but I can see it. But skewered on a barbecue rotisserie rod? That seems to me at least a bit odd.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sweeeeeet. Got any vids on how to pluck a snow goose in under two minutes?

Cuz they're all at the liquor store?
If they aren't on your balcony eating half eaten hoagies from the trash and scotch mints for dessert what does it matter?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Poor guy's gotta eat! After all, it's not like he did that to gophers - of course, such rodents burrow underground and it's a lot tougher to catch up with them. ;)