How about them Canucks!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Canucks pulled off a nice 3 - 1 win over the Red Wings. The new goaltenter did a good job.

Any comments?

bluewaters101

Jun 7, 2006
canada
yeah great game. ..although i have to admit i didn't expect that. I was also completely dissapointed the Senators lost so badly.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I only saw the 3rd period of the 'Nucks game. They were in fullscale trap mode. I think they'll be going the route of trying to win ugly this season. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Do they have enough talent to do anything else. I'll have to wait untill I see a game or two. I didn't see this game but Detroit should have been a tough team.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Detroit will have to practise playing in a closet for the next game. The Canucks were 1 man in 2 men at the red line and the three would converge on the puck carrier before centre. If they didn't show Vignault on the bench I would have sworn Jacques Lemaire was behind it. Perhaps the first two periods were different and this was just to hold off for a win.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good old Lamaire and his stinking neutral zone trap. It can be used effectively, but it makes for a bloody boring hockey game IMO:rolleyes:

Toro

Senate Member
I watched part of the game last night.

Hasek stunk. I was surprised there were so many empty seats at the stadium.

And I agree with Juan. The neutral zone trap is the worst f****** thing that ever happened to hockey. The NHL was so terrible and boring, I stopped watching it for almost a decade.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It appears we have at leat 7 hockey fans on the forum. There may be a few more.;) Let's hope:p

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How can you have a Canadian forum and not talk hockey. It's sacreligious. (sp?)

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I like watching hockey. Don't know who alot of the players are. I mostly like watching the playoffs.

I don't know how the Canucks will do this year. They didn't go great last year. I'm happy though as long as a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Should we start planning for an appropriate spot in GM Place to show off the Stanley Cup, or should we wait a while...:D If they gto unbeaten on this road trip, they could be contenders ;)

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Calgary has the best team for the Job In my Opinion, Great defense and they have some of the most versitle players in the game. They just need to get going and they will be Unstopable. Ottawa, is going to play alright, barely make the play-offs, and **** up like normal.

I say Calgary for the cup.

What do you guys think about the Pens getting sold, their is a rumor they will go to Hamilton....

Hamilton sucks, I say bring them over here tot he east where crosbys from...way more ticket interest.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If I was moving the Pens, my choice would likely be Winnipeg. Their problem last time was that they needed a bigger arena. With a 18 - 20,000 seat stadium Winnipeg could support an NHL team. I don't know about the Maritimes. What city would you pick? Could Halifax support a team?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Canucks may have issue with it but I think Seattle would be a good place for the Pens.