canuckleheads 2 leafs 4

spaminator
avalanche 1 leafs 5

hurricanes 1 leafs 2

spaminator
oilers 0 leafs 3

Curious Cdn
Wow.

Maybe golf season will start a week or two later, this year.

Cannuck
It's not enough for my Jets to beat the Leaves, the must also run their noses in it. Well done boys

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Wow.

Maybe golf season will start a week or two later, this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

It's not enough for my Jets to beat the Leaves, the must also run their noses in it. Well done boys

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

It was hilarious watching the pre-game and seeing the hosts gush over Sparks and his debut shutout win...hello...it was the Oilers! If Sparks was any good, he wouldn't be allowed to play for the Leaves

spaminator
blues 1 leafs 4

devils 2 leafs 3

spaminator
kings 0 leafs 5

Tecumsehsbones
Um. . . not to be picky, but shouldn't it be "Leaves?"

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Um. . . not to be picky, but shouldn't it be "Leaves?"

I don't know why they are called leafs.

avalanche 4 leafs 7

darkbeaver
+1
Tim Horton was a leaf.

Cliffy
+2
#17  Top Rated Post
Looks like they don't suck anymore. What happened? Did someone reverse the engine on their vacuum cleaner?

spaminator
islanders 1 leafs 3

spaminator
penguins 2 leafs 3

spaminator
blues 1 leafs 4

ducks 0 leafs 4

JLM

blues 1 leafs 4

ducks 0 leafs 4

Oooooooooooooooh Ducks suck!

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Looks like they don't suck anymore. What happened? Did someone reverse the engine on their vacuum cleaner?

Mike Babcock is what happened. The only NHL coach to gain entry into the "Triple Gold Club" as well being the only coach to win 5, count 'em five distinct national and international titles. He also did some post-graduate work in sports psychology which would certainly make him a more effective coach.
There's also a commitment within management to finally start putting a quality product on the ice which come with the bonus of something actually resembling a defence.
Slackers and floaters won't just be sat out for games, they'll be sent to the minors and nobody wants to be sent down to the minors.

Looking at Khadri for example, he doesn't have the goal production he's had in the past, yet, but he's more involved in the rest of the game. His faceoff percentage is better for the most part, although he's still learning. He's a much better two way player than he was and because he rarely stops moving his legs, he's great at drawing penalties.
So less production so far, but a much better all round player.

I'm also seeing a lot less "I" and a lot more "team" from the team in general.

spaminator
Ex-Leaf Migay, 87, passes away
By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun
First posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 07:07 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, January 17, 2016 08:31 PM EST

TORONTO - Centre Rudy Migay, who played 433 regular season and playoff games for the Maple Leafs and became one of the NHL's most respected scouts, passed away Saturday at age 87.

The St. Michael's College graduate broke in with the Leafs in December of 1949 and played a role as defensive centre until the end of the 1950s.

The Fort William, Ont., native was nicknamed the Toy Terrier for his determination to check bigger players.

As a scout, he helped keep the Buffalo Sabres stocked with talent.

"Rudy was instrumental in the Sabres drafting (Phil) Housley, (Tom)Barrasso, (Darren) Puppa, (Dave)Andreychuk, (Adam) Creighton, (John) Tucker, (Pierre) Turgeon, (Alexander) Mogilny and many more," former Buffalo boss Scotty Bowman wrote on his Twitter account.

Rudy Migay (left), who died Saturday at age 87, was a teammate of Maple Leafs legend Teeder Kennedy (centre) and George Armstrong. (TORONTO SUN FILES)

Ex-Leaf Migay, 87, passes away | Toronto Maple Leafs | Sports | Toronto Sun

spaminator
flyers 2 leafs 3

spaminator
bruins 3 leafs 4

spaminator

I prefer the logo and uniform that the leafs are currently using. I would like to keep the logo and uniform the same and change the colours. eg. blue changed to green and white changed to red. if anyone can use a computer and post a pic so that I could see what my idea would look like that would be cool.

spaminator
devils 2 leafs 3

spaminator
canuckleheads 2 leafs 5

JLM

canuckleheads 2 leafs 5

Yeah, are the Leafs as bad as their reputation?

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Yeah, are the Leafs as bad as their reputation?

They are. But for a different reason this year at least. They're at least making the other teams earn their wins against them, for the most part.
Their biggest problem for YEARS was not using the Marlies to draw talent from. The Marlies have always been a pretty good team even back when they were still an OHL team, but the Leafs have had precious few Marlies actually play for them until the last few seasons. And the few they did pick up in the past got traded rather quickly because for some reason, the Leafs liked trading fresh talent for talent that was at the end of its career.
I'm just hoping that with guys like Lamoriello, Babcock and Shanahan running the team and the organization, MLSE is getting serious about putting a quality product on the ice for a change.