NHL Lock-Out Song

Mowich
#1

The Lockout Song - YouTube

 
gopher
#2
Watch KHL - it's very good quality hockey:

Kontinental Hockey League - Official Website - KHL.RU - official site (external - login to view)


I've watched a few games on VIP Box's website. Good stuff.
 
JLM
#3
Haven't heard or seen hide nor hair of Talloola for a coon's age! Hope this hockey fiasco hasn't stressed her out.
 
talloola
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Haven't heard or seen hide nor hair of Talloola for a coon's age! Hope this hockey fiasco hasn't stressed her out.

right now i'm watching a tribute to johnny cash on PBS, superb entertainment. I'm not giving the
NHL my energy right now, still watching some baseball, having fun with my lab puppy along with my daughter
and her lab puppy, at the river, at the ocean, and walking the trails, its still summer here, weather
fantastic, also getting my garden cleaned up and the yard ready for the fall.

i'll turn to the hockey when they decide to cut out the b.s. and talk sense, in the meantime i've got
better things to do, and I won't get stressed about other peoples millions of dollars, they can fight
over that by themselves, cause they don't care about me, and my measely bank account.
 
Nuggler
#5
Good on ya, Taloola.

Fall's my favourite time of year - baseball - fishing. Too many better things to do than think about a millionaires fight.

 
JLM
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

right now i'm watching a tribute to johnny cash on PBS, superb entertainment. I'm not giving the
NHL my energy right now, still watching some baseball, having fun with my lab puppy along with my daughter
and her lab puppy, at the river, at the ocean, and walking the trails, its still summer here, weather
fantastic, also getting my garden cleaned up and the yard ready for the fall.

i'll turn to the hockey when they decide to cut out the b.s. and talk sense, in the meantime i've got
better things to do, and I won't get stressed about other peoples millions of dollars, they can fight
over that by themselves, cause they don't care about me, and my measely bank account.

That's the spirit! There's not much consideration for the paying fans, the people who have the spin off jobs, the players are getting too greedy and Bettman is a jerk.
 
talloola
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

That's the spirit! There's not much consideration for the paying fans, the people who have the spin off jobs, the players are getting too greedy and Bettman is a jerk.

I can't describe the players as greedy, because if I was in their shoes and mgrs/owners were constantly
upping the contracts, i sure wouldn't refuse, and I don't think you would either.

the owners and managers have to figure out how to manage themselves, that is where the problem lies.

there is a revenue-split number they all have to settle on to resolve part of this matter, and I
think the NHL are now going to make the players assoc. sit awhile till they weaken, just more of
the same, as any company union bargaining strategy.

we saw that in the IWA for years, long ago, as the workers sat out for weeks, only to accept a few cents
an hour increase, as the companies 'always' have the wealth and power to push harder.
In this case, the workers make much more money, but it is an entertainment issue,
and people will pay to be entertained, as they have for a long time.

i'll be there when hockey starts up again, its the game I love, the talent of the players, there are no
better in the world, and they will be back somewhere along the way, and I'll be there, in the meantime
I have much better things to do than worry about any of them.
 
JLM
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

I can't describe the players as greedy, because if I was in their shoes and mgrs/owners were constantly
upping the contracts, i sure wouldn't refuse, and I don't think you would either.

You got that right, I've never been one to turn anything down that is there for the taking. However, I think there has to come a time when people have to be realistic. A person should be able to take his family to a hockey game without having to fork out $hundreds. If $1 million isn't enough, is $5 million going to be enough or $10 million? Meanwhile the hot dog vendors are working for probably $10 an hour. Talk about a gap between the rich and poor, that's a good place to start closing it as far as I'm concerned. Bettman could also stand to have his wage halved!
 
talloola
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You got that right, I've never been one to turn anything down that is there for the taking. However, I think there has to come a time when people have to be realistic. A person should be able to take his family to a hockey game without having to fork out $hundreds. If $1 million isn't enough, is $5 million going to be enough or $10 million? Meanwhile the hot dog vendors are working for probably $10 an hour. Talk about a gap between the rich and poor, that's a good place to start closing it as far as I'm concerned. Bettman could also stand to have his wage halved!

what you are saying has been alive and well for all of my life, the wealthy control the money, but in the NHL they don't control themselves, if they would have some solidarity amongst themselves, they could
control the pace of contracts rising, they could work together to have an 'across the board' agreement
between themselves as to how much they will raise the contracts, instead of that they compete with each
other and outbid for players, then they bitch about it, pretend they are putting together rules that will
control contracts, BUT no, as soon as they want a player, their pockets become very deep, and as in all
other parts of their wealthy lives, they get what they want, and blame it on the 'greedy' players, I think
not.

99% of the players have come from either poor or moderate middle class families, who have given up many
things to allow their children to play hockey, and continue playing to a level that gives them the
opportunity to make a good living, all the power to them, they will accept whatever comes their way
as far as pay is concerned, the poorest paid player makes about $400 thousand a year, but don't forget the
length of the career is anywhere from 2 to 8 to 20 years, 20 years being very rare.
They could be finished after one year if an injury hits them hard,noguarantee for them,
they must make hay while the sun shines.
 
JLM
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

they must make hay while the sun shines.

But the bales are getting a little large, don't you think?
 
talloola
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

But the bales are getting a little large, don't you think?

yes they are, SO who is going to do something about that, players will have to refuse what
is offered to them?
If they did that we all would think they were lacking in brain matter. lol

burrows was just awarded a nice raise. He will make over 4 mill per season, and he also
'now' has a 'no-trade' contract, and that surprised me, but he wants to stay and they want
him to stay, so I guess it was mutual.
Canucks have quite a few no-trade contracts, might get them into a bit of a hassle down the
road sometime, but maybe not.
Luongo has a no-trade contract, but he can see the reality of his situation, but he does have
the power 'now' to refuse to go to certain teams, but he won't make canucks keep
him on their payroll, eg. if canucks wanted him to go to columbus,
a team down and out, near the bottom, he doesn't have to go there, and he shouldn't have to, he
has paid his dues, and should be treated with more respect, and he will be.
 
JLM
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

yes they are, SO who is going to do something about that, players will have to refuse what
is offered to them?

I suppose eventually it will be the fans. Some of the fans now are starting to take a greater interest in minor hockey, and as we seem to be going into a period of belt tightening, people are going to have to spend a bigger portion of their income on essentials and less on extras.
 
talloola
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I suppose eventually it will be the fans. Some of the fans now are starting to take a greater interest in minor hockey, and as we seem to be going into a period of belt tightening, people are going to have to spend a bigger portion of their income on essentials and less on extras.

the NHL games won't ever suffer a lack of fans, but the corporate fan, as has allready happened will
finally be the majority.

so many companies buy bulk packages of season tickets, and give out tickets to their clients, workers
etc.

that is one reason that rogers arena isn't a real loud building, as there are so many corporate fans there,
who are chit chatting, texting, or just watching the game quietly, and some of the tickets which are
paid for, aren't even used.

so be it, no one has any control over that, and the ahl and junior hockey will have a full house of 'families', etc., just the way it is, the fan without the funds for NHL games will have to drop
down to a different level of game.

I hardly go to any games, obviously because of where I live, but my big TV, complete with HD, shows me a wonderful game, complete
with all of the replays, and I can get NHL center ice for 50.00 a month, and I can watch games
everynight, if I want, that is very economical, and saves me dollars and gives me lots of entertainment,
and my fill of hockey, and I don't have to leave the house, don't have to buy the
expensive food at the game, don't have to pay for parking, I like it better than
being there.
 
JaneBlonde
#14

The Lockout Song - No More Merch - YouTube

 

Similar Threads

56
Do You Lock Your Door?
by Canucklehead | Dec 24th, 2013
14
Booze behind lock and key
by Catus Jack | Jan 2nd, 2012
5
Why lock the threads?
by NickFun | Dec 1st, 2005
no new posts