Time To Fire Don Cherry Off CBC

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Don Cherry is an institution he has a strong opinion about what Canada is and who
we are. Like him or love him. Don is Don. Sometimes he really ticks me off but
then again a lot of people tick me off, sorry you are just gonna have to suck it up
buttercup

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Why should Don be fired just because his opinion differs from yours?

He should leave his non-hockey opinions for his web site. Or run for political office.

Don Cherry is an institution he has a strong opinion about what Canada is and who
then again a lot of people tick me off, sorry you are just gonna have to suck it up
buttercup

DC like anyone can fired, cupcake.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Maybe you should produce his show and then you can tell him what to say and stuff.
Honestly why don't you just go take a leak when his show is one?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Sadly Mr. Cherry has taken to discussing events outside his area of expertise (if he has one). This is not an uncommon characteristic in a man who clearly suffers from "little man syndrome." However, perhaps it is time for the CBC to take him in hand and explain to him that HNIC is a sports show, not a forum for his right-wing ideological views.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
buttercup

I have a strong opinion about what Canada is and who we are. Where's my state media paycheque?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I have a strong opinion about what Canada is and who we are. Where's my state media paycheque?

You must have missed the part about institution. I doubt even a fraction of Canadians know who Corduroy is :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't agree with many of his opinions, hockey or otherwise, but the simple fact that someone felt the need to complain about him shows that he does what he's paid to do.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If Don Cherry wasn't shooting his mouth off about something, well then he wouldn't be Don Cherry.

Some people love him, some hate him. Others love to hate him, some hate to love him.

He's only as relevant as you want him to be, which, in my opinion, is nowhere near as relevant as he thinks he is.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm putting together a petition to have Don Cherry awarded the Order of Canada. Him and Peter Worthington.

Two people who have done more for, and in the name of Canada, than the likes of Valerie Pringle.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm putting together a petition to have Don Cherry awarded the Order of Canada. Him and Peter Worthington.

Two people who have done more for, and in the name of Canada, than the likes of Valerie Pringle.
The visage of the Order of Canada may be a little too sedate and reserved for Don.

Of course, he could always use it as a cuff link. ;)

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
That's not what the title of your thread says!

You just changed in your opinion in a matter of minutes. You've gone from firing the man to requesting he leave his non-hockey opinions for his website or run for office.

Okay, back to firing DC. I gave him a chance, he's blown it, he's gone. Good?

Double ditto here. I want some dough too for my pro-Canada and anti-monarchy opinions.